Professional Web Applications Themes

Encryption not supported on SQL Server - ASP Database

I am facing this error after making changes to client configuration utility of SQL Server 2000: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Encryption not supported on SQL Server. [SqlException: Encryption not supported on SQL Server.] System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection (Boolean& isInTransaction) +484 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.Get PooledConnection(SqlConnec tionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384 Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.Execute Reader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter [] commandParameters) +54...

  1. #1

    Default Encryption not supported on SQL Server

    I am facing this error after making changes to client configuration utility
    of SQL Server 2000:

    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Encryption not
    supported on SQL Server.

    [SqlException: Encryption not supported on SQL Server.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection (Boolean&
    isInTransaction) +484

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.Get PooledConnection(SqlConnec
    tionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.Execute Reader(String
    connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter
    [] commandParameters) +54

    Nithi Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Encryption not supported on SQL Server

    try here:

    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    "Nithi Gurusamy" <com> wrote in message
    utility
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.Get PooledConnection(SqlConnec
    SqlParameter

    Jason Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Jason:

    Thanks for the reply. I rolled back all the changes I made using SQL Server
    Client Network Utility. I used this program for configuring a remote SQL
    server as per the steps of WebMatrixHosting.com who provides .NET
    environment for my test application. I rolled back all changes and still it
    came back with the same problem. Actually my web application is not at all
    using the remote database. It is using the SQL2000 database in the local
    machine itself.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Nithi Gurusamy

    "Jason Brown" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > utility
    >[/ref]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.Get PooledConnection(SqlConnec
    > SqlParameter
    >
    >[/ref]

    Nithi Guest

  4. #4

    SO you're saying you followed the steps outlined in the article and still
    the same issue?

    --
    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS

    "Nithi Gurusamy" <com> wrote in message
    Server
    it [/ref]
    rights.
    > > utility [/ref][/ref]
    the [/ref][/ref]
    information
    > >[/ref]
    >[/ref]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.Get PooledConnection(SqlConnec
    > > SqlParameter
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Jason Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Nithi,

    The article explains that if your client is set up to use the Force Protocol
    Encryption option with any SQL Server, it must use it with All SQL Servers.
    If WebMatrixHosting provides a SQL Server where this option is on, your
    client will have to use it.

    I guess I don't understand how your situation is different from that
    described in the KB article. Please tell me what the environment looks
    like.

    --- Nick

    "Nithi Gurusamy" <com> wrote in message
    Server
    it [/ref]
    rights.
    > > utility [/ref][/ref]
    the [/ref][/ref]
    information
    > >[/ref]
    >[/ref]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.Get PooledConnection(SqlConnec
    > > SqlParameter
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Nick Guest