Professional Web Applications Themes

Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper & Canon i9100 - Photography

Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints, and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of choice will not work well with the Canon printer. Is there any other lustre finish, photo quality inkjet paper that I might consider? I want the paper to ...

  1. #1

    Default Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper & Canon i9100

    Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the
    Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am
    nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use
    Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints,
    and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed
    B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of
    choice will not work well with the Canon printer. Is there any other
    lustre finish, photo quality inkjet paper that I might consider? I
    want the paper to have the same look (textured shine) and feel
    (weight/thickness) as the chemical process photo papers I use.
    Thanks!

    Michael
    street Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper & Canon i9100

    "street shooter" <net> wrote in message

    One you may wish to also try is Epson Semigloss Color Life paper.
    It has a nice, heavy feel, and that shiny/textured look--very similar to
    Premium Luster. If you like Epson's papers, I would NOT go with the Canon!
    Stick with Epson. (No...I'm not anti-Canon--I own about $15,000 worth of
    Canon gear...just not their printers...which I feel cannot hold a candle to
    Epson).

    Mark Guest

  3. #3

    >From: net (street shooter)

    Dunno about the Canon, but I have both of the Epson's you mention, and my
    advice is that they work best with the papers Epson supports since the inks
    were developed in conjunction with the papers, plus you get full ICM profile
    support. So if you're not satisfied with the Epson papers (the 2200 has a nice
    selection, including a Luster paper) and are determined to print on Kodak
    papers I'd say *don't* get the Epson.

    Maybe someone else can help with info on the Canon model you mentioned.
    Bill Guest

  4. #4

    net (street shooter) wrote in message news:<google.com>...

    I second the warning about staying away from Kodak inkjet papers.
    There's no correlation between these and Kodak chemical papers. The
    worst results I have seen from an Epson 2200 were on Kodak papers.

    Frank
    Frank Guest

  5. #5

    I used Epson Premium Luster paper on my Canon S900 with beautiful results.
    You'd probably get the same on the newer model Canon printer. I switched to
    an Epson 2200 though because I print photos for clients and wasn't sure
    about the longevity of the prints. If you are printing for your own
    purposes and keeping your images on cd, then I would recommend the combo of
    the Canon printer and the Premium Luster paper. I set the Canon printer on
    Glossy Photo Paper and the prints looked great.

    Liz

    "street shooter" <net> wrote in message

    eeb912 Guest

  6. #6

    "eeb912" <com> wrote in message
    of
    on

    Sounds like a good answer. I have found so far that the Epson papers seem to
    be perfectly compatible with my Canon (i950) printer. I am still looking for
    some more of the fancier Epson papers to try out, since Canon doesn't have
    very many.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Guest