Professional Web Applications Themes

ER problem HPUX - Linux - Informix

We are using Informix ER to te about 40 tables tween two different Informix Servers. The 'Publisher' runs the database on a HPUX server with version 7.31 of informix and the 'receiver' runs the databases on a Linux server with also version 7.31 of Informix. Things seemed to work fine for a few days, but after that period tion suddenly seemed to be stopped. I checked the status of the tion with command 'crd list repl' on the reciever and i got to see a list of all the tions and they all had the status Active. The statement 'cdr ...

  1. #1

    Default ER problem HPUX - Linux

    We are using Informix ER to te about 40 tables tween two
    different Informix Servers. The 'Publisher' runs the database on a
    HPUX server with version 7.31 of informix and the 'receiver' runs the
    databases on a Linux server with also version 7.31 of Informix.

    Things seemed to work fine for a few days, but after that period
    tion suddenly seemed to be stopped. I checked the status of the
    tion with command 'crd list repl' on the reciever and i got to
    see a list of all the tions and they all had the status Active.
    The statement 'cdr list server' shows that both tion servers
    are active.

    After stopping the tion process and restarting it things seem
    to be working well again. I have no records in the ATS amd RIS
    directories.

    Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? Now i am not sure
    how long things will work correct and the 'cdr list repl' command
    seems to display me the incorrect status when tion stops.

    Sjaak van Esdonk
    Sjaak van Esdonk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: ER problem HPUX - Linux

    Sjaak van Esdonk wrote:

    > We are using Informix ER to te about 40 tables tween two
    > different Informix Servers. The 'Publisher' runs the database on a
    > HPUX server with version 7.31 of informix and the 'receiver' runs the
    > databases on a Linux server with also version 7.31 of Informix.
    >
    > Things seemed to work fine for a few days, but after that period
    > tion suddenly seemed to be stopped. I checked the status of the
    > tion with command 'crd list repl' on the reciever and i got to
    > see a list of all the tions and they all had the status Active.
    > The statement 'cdr list server' shows that both tion servers
    > are active.
    >
    > After stopping the tion process and restarting it things seem
    > to be working well again. I have no records in the ATS amd RIS
    > directories.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? Now i am not sure
    > how long things will work correct and the 'cdr list repl' command
    > seems to display me the incorrect status when tion stops.
    >
    > Sjaak van Esdonk
    - sorry for jumping in so late....
    - you did not give enuff info to even guess.
    Please check the ER specific onstat commands in the ER manual.
    You can read or DL it here:
    [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/ids_73.html/4350.pdf[/url]

    Using these commands you quickly get a fairly clear picture of what
    is going on. If you have problems when interpreting the output,
    cut it down a bit, post it along with your questions and we'll
    be able to help.

    dic_k

    --
    Richard Kofler
    SOLID STATE EDV

  3. #3

    I would run the following commands to determine few things as below:

    1. onstat -g ddr

    NB: Make sure all IDs in the output MUST be same, if tion is up
    and running and nothing is in the que.

    2. onstat -g rqm BRIEF
    3. onstat -g rqm FULL

    Hari

    Richard Kofler <at> wrote in message news:<at>...

    > - sorry for jumping in so late....
    > - you did not give enuff info to even guess.
    > Please check the ER specific onstat commands in the ER manual.
    > You can read or DL it here:
    > http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library/ids_73.html/4350.pdf
    >
    > Using these commands you quickly get a fairly clear picture of what
    > is going on. If you have problems when interpreting the output,
    > cut it down a bit, post it along with your questions and we'll
    > be able to help.
    >
    > dic_k[/ref]
    Hari Guest