Professional Web Applications Themes

Erase (whiteout) part of an image - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I have Acrobat 6.0 Standard for Windows XP. I have a doent that was converted from an electronic FAX (TIFF), so it is all one large image. I want to erase the lines that the FAX machine puts at the top of the doent. I have not been able to figure out how to do it. I can add a white opaque rectangle comment, which makes it look OK on the screen, but when I print I still see what is under the comment. I looked at the "print with comments" option but these all look like they print the ...

  1. #1

    Default Erase (whiteout) part of an image

    I have Acrobat 6.0 Standard for Windows XP.

    I have a doent that was converted from an
    electronic FAX (TIFF), so it is all one large
    image. I want to erase the lines that the FAX
    machine puts at the top of the doent. I
    have not been able to figure out how to do it.

    I can add a white opaque rectangle comment,
    which makes it look OK on the screen, but
    when I print I still see what is under the
    comment. I looked at the "print with comments"
    option but these all look like they print the
    comments separately. So how can I get it to
    print exactly what is on the screen, or otherwise
    remove part of the image.

    Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan_Lipofsky@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Erase (whiteout) part of an image

    You won't be able to, because your doent is a giant image and Acrobat is not Photoshop.

    If you just need a hardcopy without the headers, click File > Print and change the "Print What" setting to "Doent and comments." This will cause your white boxes to take effect when you print. However, other Acrobat 6.x users will need to make the same settings change. Also, the covered information will still be present in the file. If you are redacting a sensitive doent, this will NOT be sufficient to release to the public in PDF form.

    If this is a 1-page PDF file, another solution would be to open the doent straight into Photoshop and use the drawing tools to blot out or crop off the part you want removed.

    Nathan

    Nathan_Strong@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks. That was just what I needed to know,
    I was just failing to see that print option.
    Dan_Lipofsky@adobeforums.com Guest