Professional Web Applications Themes

Error 2013 problem, Lost connection to MySQL during query. (InnoDB) - MySQL

Hello, I get an error: "Error 2013 problem, Lost connection to MySQL during query" and the MySQL service stops when I run an SQL statement: "SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null AND Geslacht_ID is Null". There are 2 indices: NameFirst + NameLast and NameLast. The strange thing is, when I remove one of the indices, or change the SELECT statement into anything else I don't get the error and the MySQL keeps running. For example, the following almost identical SQL statement doesn't give me the error: "SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null ...

  1. #1

    Default Error 2013 problem, Lost connection to MySQL during query. (InnoDB)

    Hello,

    I get an error:
    "Error 2013 problem, Lost connection to MySQL during query" and the MySQL
    service stops when I run an SQL statement:
    "SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null AND
    Geslacht_ID is Null".

    There are 2 indices: NameFirst + NameLast and NameLast.

    The strange thing is, when I remove one of the indices, or change the SELECT
    statement into anything else I don't get the error and the MySQL keeps
    running.

    For example, the following almost identical SQL statement doesn't give me
    the error:
    "SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null"

    Also, at the bottom of MySQL Query Browser it says "Cannot fetch table
    information" when this problem occurs.

    Anyone any idea what is the problem?

    Thanks.

    qwert Guest

  2. #2

    >I get an error:
    >"Error 2013 problem, Lost connection to MySQL during query" and the MySQL
    >service stops when I run an SQL statement:
    >"SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null AND
    >Geslacht_ID is Null".
    This is typical of the MySQL daemon aborting (as in segfault).
    You've hit a bug somewhere. It might be tickled by corrupted data
    or schema, but the daemon isn't supposed to die like that.
    >There are 2 indices: NameFirst + NameLast and NameLast.
    >
    >The strange thing is, when I remove one of the indices, or change the SELECT
    >statement into anything else I don't get the error and the MySQL keeps
    >running.
    >
    >For example, the following almost identical SQL statement doesn't give me
    >the error:
    >"SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null"
    >
    >Also, at the bottom of MySQL Query Browser it says "Cannot fetch table
    >information" when this problem occurs.
    >
    >Anyone any idea what is the problem?
    If you can isolate the problem (start off with a fresh, clean database,
    create and load up your tables, then run the query and have it fail),
    report it as a bug. Are you running the latest version? Upgrading
    might fix it.

    Gordon L. Burditt
    Gordon Burditt Guest

  3. #3

    "qwert" <nospamnospam.nl> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I get an error:
    > "Error 2013 problem, Lost connection to MySQL during query" and the MySQL
    > service stops when I run an SQL statement:
    > "SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null AND
    > Geslacht_ID is Null".
    >
    > There are 2 indices: NameFirst + NameLast and NameLast.
    >
    > The strange thing is, when I remove one of the indices, or change the
    > SELECT
    > statement into anything else I don't get the error and the MySQL keeps
    > running.
    >
    > For example, the following almost identical SQL statement doesn't give me
    > the error:
    > "SELECT * FROM mytest WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null"
    To narrow down the fault, you could also try a similar query with each of
    the following clauses:

    WHERE NameFirst is Null AND Geslacht_ID is Null

    WHERE NameLast is Null AND Geslacht_ID is Null

    WHERE Geslacht_ID is Null

    WHERE COALESCE(NameFirst, NameLast, Geslacht_ID) is Null

    I'm wondering if the problem is due to the index on Geslacht_ID, or is it a
    problem using three indexed fields, or the index on Geslacht_ID together
    with another indexed field. Or is it a problem with the boolean expression.

    I agree with Gordon, it would be good to upgrade to the latest production
    version of MySQL server you can. What version are you using currently?

    Regards,
    Bill K.

    Bill Karwin Guest

  4. #4

    I created a new database with the same fields and indices: problem gone.
    Thanks both.

    Still, now I'm kinda worried (starting over does not solve the actual
    problem or tells me anything about what I did wrong). I ussually use another
    dbms. Had problems but never as vague as this. Is MySQL not a good stable
    choice for windows/.NET environment?

    Thanks.
    > To narrow down the fault, you could also try a similar query with each of
    > the following clauses:
    >
    > WHERE NameFirst is Null AND Geslacht_ID is Null
    No Error.
    > WHERE NameLast is Null AND Geslacht_ID is Null
    No Error.
    > WHERE Geslacht_ID is Null
    No Error.
    > WHERE COALESCE(NameFirst, NameLast, Geslacht_ID) is Null
    No Error.

    Strange, isn't it? Only with "WHERE NameFirst is Null AND NameLast is Null
    AND Geslacht_ID is Null" an error occurs.
    > I'm wondering if the problem is due to the index on Geslacht_ID, or is it
    > problem using three indexed fields, or the index on Geslacht_ID together
    > with another indexed field. Or is it a problem with the boolean
    expression.

    Yes, I forgot to mention but Geslacht_ID is a foreign key.
    > I agree with Gordon, it would be good to upgrade to the latest production
    > version of MySQL server you can. What version are you using currently?
    Windows XP.
    MySQL 5.0.18-nt-max-log via TCP/IP
    MySQL Client Version 5.0.11

    I had an idea though, I don't know if the following may cause such error but
    who knows:
    I created the tables as MyISAM but then found out they don't support
    referential integrity. The tables already had a foreign key. I did not
    create the tables again but just switched them to InnoDB. Maybe this causes
    the problem.

    qwert Guest

  5. #5

    qwert wrote:
    > I created a new database with the same fields and indices: problem gone.

    Disk error? Worth scanning I think.

    --
    Brian Wakem
    Email: [url]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.wakem/myemail.png[/url]