Professional Web Applications Themes

Error establishing socket. Connection refused:connect - Coldfusion Database Access

ODBC Connection saved the day. Thanks for the post.. i still have my hair intact. SP2 on Win XP Pro is a deadly combo it seems....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Error establishing socket. Connection refused:connect

    ODBC Connection saved the day. Thanks for the post.. i still have my hair intact.
    SP2 on Win XP Pro is a deadly combo it seems.
    biffjingle Guest

  2. #2

    As soon as I saw that Service Pack 2 had a built in firewall .. that to me said
    STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THAT GARBAGE.

    ( being a developer that is ) .. I have had experiences in the past where just
    installing a firewall ed up my hours and hours spent configging localhost
    to work with CF mx server. I ended up going with Tiny Personal Firewall then
    Sygates free one. Zone Alarm worked me and the uninstall didn't do much but
    kill my OS install.

    Sounds like xp pro / sp1 is good place to stay.

    Solas Guest

  3. #3

    I spent an entire morning trying to solve the connection issue between SQL
    Server and CF Server until I found your post. YOU HAVE SAVED ME FROM SUICIDE!
    I'm praying to GOD that he lets you in Heaven when you die; no matter what you
    have done wrong. Thanks a million!

    Scandle Guest

  4. #4

    Hi

    I've experienced the same problem with xp2 - and used the odbc connection,
    which worked fine up to a point. Although certain pages in my site stopped
    working and I got a message that the functionality wasnt supported by the odbc
    connection.

    Has anyone come across this before?

    iborsb Guest

  5. #5

    See this thread if you have connection problems on a local instance of MSDE or
    MSSQL; it may help:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thread[/url]
    id=1019322&enterthread=y

    Ortho Guest

  6. #6

    Hi,

    I've just installed coldfusion on my computer, I got the Microsoft SQL server
    on another one.
    I connected through the ODBC by defining a login and password to be sure..This
    works when I try to connect to the SQL server using ASP.

    then in CF7, I add an odbc socket and here is what I got if I do exactly what
    you said Jimmy,
    meaning leaving the user as system and no password

    java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC
    Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
    '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC
    Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed
    for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

    so I put my real login and password without trusted connection checked
    java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC
    Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
    'habitat'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC
    Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed
    for user 'habitat'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

    with trusted connection checked
    java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC
    Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
    '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC
    Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed
    for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

    and if I trie to directly connect to the server if just get:
    java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing
    socket. Connection refused: connect
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC
    Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect

    The server is a Windows 2k3
    My computer is a Windows Xp Sp2

    thx for the help

    PTGreg

    PTGreg Guest

  7. #7

    Jim thou ART the Coldfusion God. I was able to do what no other posting said I could do. You restored my faith in this system thank you it worked like a charm
    locohombre Guest

  8. #8

    Wait a second. Now we have to go back to ODBC connections with CF 7, 2003 & SQL
    Server 2000!?!?!? Yeah it works, but that's BULL S*$T!!! I thought that with
    the advent of "MX" we'd be using JDBC connections and life supposedly would be
    forever good. Now we're back to the stone age? I also received connection
    refused error, and everything was set up exactly like the server with 6.1
    EXCEPT the SQL 2000 sp4. Are there incompatible java drivers? Is this the
    problem? Has anyone one come up with a solution that uses CF's native JDBC
    drivers?

    eric_moore1 Guest

  9. #9

    Hi PTGreg,

    I'm having the exact same problem with CF. Did you solve this problem by any chance?

    Thanks,
    William
    deneb410 Guest

  10. #10

    you can try this, tends to work. If you do a netstat -an and you don't
    see port 1433 listed, run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
    Server\80\Tools\Binn\svrnetcn.exe" - make sure TCPIP is listed on the
    "enabled" side, > properties > change the port number from 1433 to
    something different, like 1432. restart SQL server service, do a
    netstat -an and see if that new port is listed. If it is, run
    svrnetcn.exe again and change it back to 1433, restart the mssql server
    service and do another netstat -an. if you see port 1433 listed there
    then you're all set. this method worked for me a number of times,
    don't know why it occurs. MSDE2000 SP4

    Hope that helps...

    arvaness@gmail.com Guest

  11. #11

    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude You ROCK!

    Thank you for such a great add! You have saved me more hell than you will
    ever know.

    If you are ever in Jacksonville Florida. I'll buy you lunch.

    Don Myers
    IT Director
    Firehouse Subs

    Don Guest