Professional Web Applications Themes

Error Executing Database Query. - Coldfusion - Getting Started

The error occurred in C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\CFIDE\gettingstarted\tutoria l\index.cfm: line 2 2 : <cfquery name="atrwork" datasource="cftutorial"> 3 : SELECT FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,ARTNAME,DESCRIPTION,PRICE,LARGE IMAGE,ISSOLD,MEDIATYPE 4 : FROM ARTISTS,ART,MEDIA When i start write the <cfquery> tags the following erros appear Can you help me please ti silve this problem?...

  1. #1

    Default Error Executing Database Query.

    The error occurred in
    C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\CFIDE\gettingstarted\tutoria l\index.cfm: line 2

    2 : <cfquery name="atrwork" datasource="cftutorial">
    3 : SELECT
    FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,ARTNAME,DESCRIPTION,PRICE,LARGE IMAGE,ISSOLD,MEDIATYPE
    4 : FROM ARTISTS,ART,MEDIA

    When i start write the <cfquery> tags the following erros appear
    Can you help me please ti silve this problem?

    Mayasa Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Error Executing Database Query.

    Hi

    could you post your code and error more clearly?
    vkunirs Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    I have this same error. Running through the cftutorial and get to this first
    query but getting an error. The debug report is:

    Error Executing Database Query.
    No value given for one or more required parameters.

    The error occurred in
    G:\mxcfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\gettingstarted\tutorial \index.cfm: line 1

    1 : <cfquery name="artwork" datasource="cftutorial">
    2 : SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, ARTNAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE, LARGEIMAGE, ISSOLD
    3 : FROM ARTISTS, ART

    SQL SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, ARTNAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE, LARGEIMAGE,
    ISSOLD FROM ARTISTS, ART WHERE ARTISTS.ARTISTID = ART.ARTISTID AND ART.MEDIAID
    = MEDIA.MEDIAID
    DATASOURCE cftutorial
    VENDORERRORCODE 3088
    SQLSTATE &nbsp;

    The code is exactly as per the tutorial and I can see the relevant tables from
    in DW but it appears the query cant connect?

    Any ideas would be appreciated. Is it something in the set up of the database
    connection?

    Peter

    peterdoyle Guest

  4. #4

    Hi:-)

    I'm getting the following error when I try to process my insert into/delete
    form:

    Error Executing Database Query.
    [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft
    Access Driver] ONLY alpha/numeric characters, 'I','O', and 'Q' are NOT allowed

    The error occurred in C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\PCNData\PCNDeleteNOW.cfm: line 101

    99 : <CFELSE>
    100 : NULL
    101 : </cfif>
    102 : )
    103 :

    SQL INSERT INTO deleted_pcn (ref, sfx, gvrn, gvcv, gvmdfr, gvmddt, cp, ci,
    genled, mfgm, mktm, surn, txt ) VALUES ( '0015' , '00' , NULL , 'T' , NULL ,
    NULL , NULL , NULL , 'ME060' , '5302' , NULL , NULL , 'DEMO -SPECIMEN DIE' )
    DATASOURCE PCN
    VENDORERRORCODE -3703
    SQLSTATE HY000

    I'm finding the wording a little obtuse--real fuzzy on where exactly I should
    look for alpha-numeric characters, can someone tell me what exactly I'm
    supposed to be looking at/for???? I've checked my spelling and cannot see any
    errors there, where else should I be looking?????

    Thank you in advance for your help.

    Red

    FusionRed Guest

  5. #5

    It sounds like there is a "Validation Rule" on the field "gvcv" that limits the
    values that can be inserted into that column. Open up Access and look at the
    "deleted_pcn" table in design view, and adjust the validation rule as needed.

    mxstu Guest

  6. #6

    Many, many thanks. The validation rule was the answer.

    Red;->
    FusionRed Guest

  7. #7

    I need help. I encountered this problem.

    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is
    already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its
    data.

    spotrun Guest

  8. #8

    Not sure from info but you may need to add a user with appropriate rights to the service on the CF server.
    drforbin1970 Guest

  9. #9

    This can happen if the MS Access Database table is open in design mode through MS Access.
    Be sure MS Access is closed and try it again.
    LL@Work Guest

  10. #10

    The following error is occuring when I run my file live on the web. It works
    fine on my local host.

    Error Executing Database Query.
    Too few parameters. Expected 1.

    The error occurred in
    C:\Websites\ekezud\wwwroot\NLSLenderLog\newsletter _form.cfm: line 12

    10 :
    11 :
    12 : <CFQUERY NAME="getLoanOfficer" DATASOURCE="lender_log">
    13 : SELECT EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName, OfficePhone, CellPhone, Email,
    Photo, & ", " & AS LoanOfficer FROM Employee ORDER BY & ", " & ;
    14 :

    lons99 Guest

  11. #11

    My guess is the problem lies with your order by clause. One doesn't normally use amperdsands in sql.
    Dan Bracuk Guest

  12. #12

    How about....

    --this--

    SELECT EmployeeID,
    FirstName,
    LastName,
    OfficePhone,
    CellPhone,
    Email,
    Photo,
    LastName+', '+FirstName AS LoanOfficer
    FROM Employee
    ORDER BY LastName+', '+FirstName

    --or this--

    SELECT EmployeeID,
    FirstName,
    LastName,
    OfficePhone,
    CellPhone,
    Email,
    Photo,
    LastName+', '+FirstName AS LoanOfficer
    FROM Employee
    ORDER BY 8

    Phil

    paross1 Guest

  13. #13

    I've got exactly this problem, but no one seems to have answered it yet. It's only my first day and I need my hand holding.

    Mike
    nothingleft Guest

  14. #14

    I would say that your tutorial is hosed. You are attempting to relate
    ART.MEDIAID to MEDIA.MEDIAID in your WHERE clause, but you aren't joining the
    MEDIA table in your FROM clause. I only see the ARTISTS and ART tables listed
    in your SQL.

    --This.....
    SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, ARTNAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE, LARGEIMAGE, ISSOLD
    FROM ARTISTS, ART
    WHERE ARTISTS.ARTISTID = ART.ARTISTID AND ART.MEDIAID = MEDIA.MEDIAID

    ---probably should be this......
    SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, ARTNAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE, LARGEIMAGE, ISSOLD
    FROM ARTISTS, ART, MEDIA
    WHERE ARTISTS.ARTISTID = ART.ARTISTID
    AND ART.MEDIAID = MEDIA.MEDIAID

    --or this.....
    SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, ARTNAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE, LARGEIMAGE, ISSOLD
    FROM ARTISTS INNER JOIN ART ON ARTISTS.ARTISTID = ART.ARTISTID
    INNER JOIN MEDIA ON ART.MEDIAID = MEDIA.MEDIAID

    Phil

    paross1 Guest