Professional Web Applications Themes

Error message concerning the Google ytics code,after change a html file in Contribute - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Please Help me!! After installation cms Contribute for my client to administer her site there are warnings concerning the code of Google ytics. I thougt there was a mis communication between the site and the two versions of Contribute. But after configuring Dreamweaver to communicate with the site and Contribute and discribing the publishers role for my client the warning turns again. What did I do wrong?? Marianne...

  1. #1

    Default Error message concerning the Google ytics code,after change a html file in Contribute

    Please Help me!!
    After installation cms Contribute for my client to administer her site there
    are warnings concerning the code of Google ytics. I thougt there was a mis
    communication between the site and the two versions of Contribute. But after
    configuring Dreamweaver to communicate with the site and Contribute and
    discribing the publishers role for my client the warning turns again.
    What did I do wrong??
    Marianne

    mblaisse Guest

  2. #2

    Hi Marianne,

    Could you please let me know which version of Conribute is Installed and on
    what OS?

    Please provide me the following information,

    1. Which is the workflow performed here?
    2. What is warning message that appears? Please provide me the snapshots if
    possible.

    I tried the following,

    1. Added the ga code to one of my webpages.
    2. Administered the site.
    3. Connected to the site as publisher, edited the page and published the same.

    Thanks,
    Radhika

    radsraman Guest

  3. #3

    Hello Radsraman,
    Thank you for your answer. I had a short holliday therefor this delay in
    answering your questions.
    The version of contribute is CS3 and is working on Windows XP and IE7.
    The workflow : myself as the administrator and my client as publisher.
    The warning message was something as: _gat ....expected
    I did first install Contribute on the computer of my client and conected to
    the site. But not organised the administrator and publischer Than I put the ga
    code in the website (after 2 weeks) with Dreamweaver, and 3 weeks later I
    organized the administartor and publisher for Contribute
    Now I am wondering if I beter use the old google ytics code?
    Thanks for your attention
    Marianne

    mblaisse Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Marianne,

    It seems to be a problem with the new google ytics code that is inserted.
    Please look in to the following links which discusses on the similar issue.

    [url]http://groups.google.com/group/ytics-help-troubleshoot/browse_thread/thread/[/url]
    011ea5c0c1582ea0

    [url]http://www.mattiasgeniar.be/webdevelopment/_gat-is-not-defined-google-ytics-[/url]
    error/

    Thanks,
    Radhika

    radsraman Guest

  5. #5

    Hello Radhika,
    Thanks for your help!! I solved the problem.
    Thanks Marianne
    mblaisse Guest