Professional Web Applications Themes

Error online when I just import a w3d model - Macromedia Director 3D

I just create a cube in 3dsmax 7 and export it to w3d, then I create new file in director MX 2004 and import the w3d cube, I upload the drc file to the server and an error appears: "This shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems..." Anybody knows what's happening?...

  1. #1

    Default Error online when I just import a w3d model

    I just create a cube in 3dsmax 7 and export it to w3d, then I create new file
    in director MX 2004 and import the w3d cube, I upload the drc file to the
    server and an error appears:

    "This shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems..."

    Anybody knows what's happening?

    _macaco Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Error online when I just import a w3d model

    nope.

    do you have any lingo in there?

    is the dcr being transmitted properly? ... any errors with ascii / binary
    mode ftp etc

    "_macaco" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I just create a cube in 3dsmax 7 and export it to w3d, then I create new
    > file
    > in director MX 2004 and import the w3d cube, I upload the drc file to the
    > server and an error appears:
    >
    > "This shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems..."
    >
    > Anybody knows what's happening?

    greg brant Guest

  3. #3

    your question is very unspecific, it would be useful to know what you did
    exactly.
    what kind of code did you included, is your file external linked or is it
    included in
    the dcr file, did you tested the dcr before you uploaded it?

    or just upload the file and let us see what could be wrong!

    hondo3000 Guest

  4. #4

    Ok sorry, you're right, not enough information.

    1. I create a cube in max and wxport to w3d
    2. I go to director and create new file
    3 I import some gifs (externel import) to the internal cast (because if I add
    them as standart import the error also appears)
    4 I import the w3d cube
    5 I put them to the scene
    6 I create a simple script and put it in the score:
    on exitFrame me
    go the frame
    end

    With a preview in browser it works, so locally it works.
    Then I upload it to the server and sometimes the error appears and sometimes
    not.

    Here is the scene:

    [url]http://personales.ya.com/muntes/sonoblok/[/url]

    thanks !!

    _macaco Guest

  5. #5

    i think the problem could be that you have a non-american winXP with service
    pack 1 (SP1) running. if you update your OS the error will be gone.

    on my maschine everything works well. i tested it about 10 times with no error!

    but this is a blind diagnosis, i think the error could be your shockwave
    installation, maybe you check for updates.

    if you have all these things checked then test some other shockwave3D content
    several times, if you can excude that this is only happenig to your special
    dcr, then the error has to be searched somewhere else.

    hondo3000 Guest

  6. #6

    >>>i think the problem could be that you have a non-american winXP with service
    pack 1 (SP1) running. if you update your OS the error will be gone.

    I have updated my windows many times and it doesn't solve the problem
    >>on my maschine everything works well. i tested it about 10 times with no
    error!

    ON my computer sometimes works and sometimes don't. More or less if I try 4
    times the error appears once.
    >>but this is a blind diagnosis, i think the error could be your shockwave
    installation,
    maybe you check for updates.

    I have updated shockwave to the lastest versions 10.1, and I have even updated
    my software in order to export
    it to the latest versions and nothing works.
    >>if you have all these things checked then test some other shockwave3D
    content several times, if you can excude that this
    is only happenig to your special dcr, then the error has to be searched
    somewhere else.

    Other shockwave 3d content from internet works well, in fact my project worked
    perfect some months ago and
    everyone could see it, and without touching anything now it appears this
    error. I don't know what macromedia guys
    have changed but I'm exasperated.

    Any other ideas?

    _macaco Guest

  7. #7

    Works fine for me ! Your problem has nothing to do with that cube (the W3D
    file). It's about your ShockWave plugin. In fact, it's Macromedia's fault ...
    LOL LITE ShockWave plugin = BUGGY ShockWave plugin Be sure that the Animated
    GIF Asset.x32 xtra is available for your system. If not, click on 'Modify /
    Movie / Xtras' and search for it before you publish the DCR file. You need to
    download this xtra. cheers

    necromanthus Guest

  8. #8

    Maybe the problem is not with the cube, but now I load other w3d files in my
    scene and it appears the error, look:

    [url]http://personales.ya.com/muntes/sonoblok/[/url]

    It is macromedia's plugin? so what can I do then? What really bothers me is
    that It works well, because If you click OK to the error to ignore it, then you
    can see the scene perfectly.

    Bye the way... I already had animated GIF extra loaded in my scene.

    _macaco Guest

  9. #9

    The new link it doesn't work anymore. And this is because is looking for the
    3D_progbar.dcr , but you didn't publish this file. You have to rebuild the HTML
    file (remove this preloader anyway). Now talking about the Animated GIF
    Asset.x32 xtra ... I said 'your ShockWave plugin', not your Director Xtras. So
    search this xtra in Doents and Settings / ?_macaco_? / Application Data /
    Macromedia / Shockwave Player / xtras / download / MacromediaInc cheers
    Originally posted by: _macaco Maybe the problem is not with the cube, but now I

  10. #10

    this error could be any real errors in the lingo script, just wonder any way to turn on log info in shockwave so it could print more info such as the call stack when it really happens?
    robertwho Guest

  11. #11

    Hello again,

    thank you for your answers...

    necromanthus:
    I think you're true, I had a previous version of 3D_progbar.dcr, but now I
    have published this and uploaded and it happens the same. I have also searched
    the Animated GIF Asset.x32 and it is working in my session.

    robertwho: "ust wonder any way to turn on log info in shockwave" I don't know
    any tool to make this, just the tool to compile the script you're in and also
    when you play that if it contains errors director shows up them.
    Anyway, In my simple example I haven't got any script.

    Ok, now I have simplified all much more.... And there is no sense why it is
    not working:
    I create a new director (MX 2004) file, import this two simple w3d models
    exported in max 7:

    [url]http://www.salleurl.edu/~tm08459/w3dMAX7.rar[/url]

    I publish and put it in the internet. From my computer it doesn't work. From
    another I have at home neither. It 's so simple It should work.

    Now I dont' know if its director, it's me, it's max, the models .... :(

    If you try with my w3d models please let me know! ;)

    _macaco Guest

  12. #12

    OH my god !!!! AT last I solved the problem!!!

    I have solved the problem, I've wasted so many time with this !!!!!!
    I got always an error and the problem was not me or my files, it was the
    server!!!!! with ya.com server I got the problem then I accepted and It worked
    (and then I didn't think that the problem was the server), but I cannot finish
    a project with an error message so I had to solve it. Then I changed to another
    server and It worked perfect !!!!!
    Shockwave runs locally but the server has to be told to allow shockwave files,
    if not it shows up and error "This shockwave movie has errors that have caused
    playback problems...."

    Well, I hope this helps to someone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You can see an example of my work at:

    [url]http://web.salleurl.edu/~tm08459/sono/[/url]

    thanks all!

    _macaco Guest