Professional Web Applications Themes

Error reported to webmaster, but page loads fine - Coldfusion Database Access

I have an error handeler in the coldfusion administrator that will let me know when an error is generated on any page on the server. If an error is thrown I receive an email. The problem is that I am getting this email: Diagnostics Element THE_PASSWORD is undefined in FORM. The error occurred on line 6 Now this is a very simple error, but the page that generates the error loads fine, and the data from form.the_password is properly recorded in my database. I can go to the page and process the page, then 2 minuts later get the error ...

  1. #1

    Default Error reported to webmaster, but page loads fine

    I have an error handeler in the coldfusion administrator that will let me know
    when an error is generated on any page on the server. If an error is thrown I
    receive an email. The problem is that I am getting this email:

    Diagnostics
    Element THE_PASSWORD is undefined in FORM.
    The error occurred on line 6

    Now this is a very simple error, but the page that generates the error loads
    fine, and the data from form.the_password is properly recorded in my database.
    I can go to the page and process the page, then 2 minuts later get the error
    (with my ipaddress I might add so I know its me doing it) I also added (for a
    short time) a cfdump tag that dumped the whole form variable out, the_password
    was there along with everything else. So I commented out the line of code that
    contained a call the the_password, and the error occurred on the next line
    down, it now said that form.email was undefined. And the page still ran just
    fine.

    Just today I moved my dbase up from access to ms sql, and this is the only
    problem I have noticed so far.

    Any ideas?

    armack5 Guest

  2. #2

    I had the same issue. It drove me nutty trying to figure it out because I was
    getting messages saying there was an error, but I could never reprodcuce it. I
    think I took the easy way out and added a CFPARAM at the top for the variable
    that was causing the issue.

    stoobie Guest

  3. #3

    yea im afrade to do that because if the error realy did exist then i may send blank info to the d-base and not even know it
    armack5 Guest