Professional Web Applications Themes

error reporting - PHP Development

everytime we end a non responsive program, and on other occasions, a message pops up that internet explorer has encountered an error and needs to close, blah blah... then they want us to report the error to microsoft. this is reallly annoying and i know that there is a way to disable these messages but i forget how. help...

  1. #1

    Default error reporting

    everytime we end a non responsive program, and on other
    occasions, a message pops up that internet explorer has
    encountered an error and needs to close, blah blah...
    then they want us to report the error to microsoft. this
    is reallly annoying and i know that there is a way to
    disable these messages but i forget how. help
    travis Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: error reporting

    "travis" <travis.schroedershaw.ca> wrote in message
    > everytime we end a non responsive program, and on other
    > occasions, a message pops up that internet explorer has
    > encountered an error and needs to close, blah blah...
    > then they want us to report the error to microsoft. this
    > is reallly annoying and i know that there is a way to
    > disable these messages but i forget how. help
    Go: start/settings/control panel/system/advanced tab/error reporting

    HIH,

    Dave H.

    DH Guest

  3. #3

    my server is somehow configured to not show any errors what so ever. I have
    tried the following 2 lines to no avail in my test script:

    error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set ('error_reporting', E_ALL);

    all I get is a blank page when there is an error

    thnx

    --
    Chris Mosser

    Chris Mosser Guest

  4. #4

    If I use:

    ini_set("error_reporting", 0);
    ini_set("display_errors", 0);

    It still shows the errors.. if I use the error_reporting function.. it still
    shows the errors, no matter what I do.. it still shows the errors!

    What am I missing? I have it set in the php,ini to show errors, but I want
    to be able to suppress them within the individual scripts, but it's not
    working.. and when I use ini_get() it shows their values to be what I just
    set them to be, but yet.. it is still showing the errors! Ugh :(

    Help!

    Rick

    "Every person you meet - and everything you do in life - is an opportunity
    to learn something." - Tom Clancy
    Richard Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: [PHP] error reporting

    Richard Baskett wrote:

    What kind of errors? Ths will not prevent p errors from being shown.

    --
    ---John Holmes...

    Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

    php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com
    John Guest

  6. #6

    on 10/16/03 16:51, John W. Holmes at net wrote:

    > What kind of errors? Ths will not prevent p errors from being shown.[/ref]

    Ok I figured it out.. All I needed was for you to tell me exactly what you
    told me, so that I could explore other options instead of just thinking I
    was doing something wrong :)

    So what I did was set error_reporting to E_P and then display_errors to
    On since I found out that I couldnąt change the status of display_errors
    either, but I can change error_reporting within my scripts.. so that's what
    I did :)

    Thanks for that help!

    Rick

    To realize the worth of the anchor we need to feel the storm. - Unknown
    Richard Guest

  7. #7

    on the topic of error reporting, am i able to catch fatal/p errors yet ?
    daniel@electroteque.org Guest

  8. #8

    org wrote:

    How could a PHP script catch a P Error? The script hasn't started
    because there is, ummm, a P Error! :)

  9. #9

    > ---John Holmes...

    Heh yes umm i know this. But how i could i catch this before is spits out
    to an ugly error page so i can send to a custom error page.
    daniel@electroteque.org Guest

  10. #10

    >Heh yes umm i know this. But how i could i catch this before is spits out

    Why would anyone but you ever see a p error? It's the sort of thing
    you fix before setting up custom error handling. :)

    Mike Guest

  11. #11

    here's the deal. i'm sending out a mass mailing using cfmail. i've tested it
    and it works great. i'm sending it to about 200 people. i validated all of
    their email address, but there are about 4 that i'm not sure about. is there a
    way to get a report of which emails get kicked back after i send out the
    mailing? hope this makes sense, thanks to anyone who can help!

    straffenp Guest

  12. #12

    Like any other email if the email is undelivered you should get a undelivered email returned to the sending address.
    Stressed_Simon Guest