Professional Web Applications Themes

Error Snapshot Sql and Access - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

i have another problem to submit you, this time is not access VS AS/400, but Acess Vs Sql2000. I have in sql's table linked in Access (XP but also 2000) linked via ODBC, when i use a from with source type Snapshot and i apply a filter to the form all the records returnes are locked by sql, id the source type is Dynaset all work properly. In Italy we say "Altro giro altro regalo". Ciao Emanuele...

  1. #1

    Default Error Snapshot Sql and Access

    i have another problem to submit you,
    this time is not access VS AS/400, but Acess Vs Sql2000.
    I have in sql's table linked in Access (XP but also 2000) linked via ODBC,
    when i use a from with source type Snapshot and i apply a filter to the form
    all the records returnes are locked by sql, id the source type is Dynaset
    all work properly.
    In Italy we say "Altro giro altro regalo".
    Ciao Emanuele

    Gostoli Guest

  2. #2

    Default RE: Error Snapshot Sql and Access

    Hi Gostoli,

    I'm not sure what you mean by "the records returns are locked by sql". Do
    you mean the records returned can't be updated? If so, it is normal and is
    a feature of Snapshot.
    Dynaset and Snapshot are two data access objects. To make a Snapshot or
    Dynaset, use the CreateSnapshot or CreateDynaset method on a Database or
    any recordset. A Snapshot is a static, read-only picture of a set of
    records that you can use to find data or generate reports. The records in a
    Snapshot cannot be updated (or modified), whereas records in a Dynaset can
    be updated.

    There are differences between Dynaset and Snapshot objects. For additional
    information regarding the summary of the properties and methods along with
    a discussion of how they behave, please see the following articles in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

    103442 Differences Between the Object Variables in VB Version 3.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=103442

    109218 Using Table Objects Versus Dynaset/Snapshot Objects in VB
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=109218

    I hope the explanation is clear. Please let us know if you need further
    assistance on this issue.

    Regards,

    Michael Shao
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Michael Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for your answre,
    i know the difference between dynaset and snapshot and i work with snapshot
    because i want a not upgradable recorset (also for not to lock the records).
    I open one form with the snapshot recordset and i apply a filter to the form
    (this via access 2000 and XP), after this, if i open the table directly (or
    i make another dynaset query that have how result the same records of the
    snapshot filted recordset) and i try to modify something, the records are
    locked and i'm not able to make the changes.
    Ciao Emanuele Gostoli
    "Michael Shao [MSFT]" <microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:phx.gbl...

    Gostoli Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Gostoli,

    Based on the description, the issue is related to the usage of Dynaset and
    Snapshot in Microsoft Access. Please post this question in the Access
    newsgroup. The Access newsgroup is primarily for issues involving access.
    We recommend posting appropriately so you will get the most qualified pool
    of respondents, and so other partners who regularly read the newsgroups can
    either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

    To solve this issue, here are some related newsgroups:
    microsoft.public.access.forms
    microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr
    microsoft.public.access.formscoding