PHP 4.3.4
MySQL 3.23
Windows 2003/IIS6

I have a PHP script for connecting to a mysql database. When procesing the
script through the command line, everything works fine, but through an
internet browser the following error is displayed:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't create TCP/IP socket (10041)

More info about the error:
WSAEPROTOTYPE (10041)
Protocol wrong type for socket.
A protocol was specified in the socket function call that does not
support the semantics of the socket type requested. For example, the
ARPA Internet UDP protocol cannot be specified with a socket type of
SOCK_STREAM.

Other aspects of PHP work ok, and an indentical PHP/MySQL setup works fine
on my Windows 2000/IIS5 machine. Both machines have PHP/MySQL setup
according to the following instructions:
[url]http://s92192454.onlinehome.us./PHP_on_windows_under_IIS.html[/url]

Any help is really appreciated.