Professional Web Applications Themes

Euruko 04? European Ruby conference? - Ruby

Hi all, Stefan Schmiedl, Michael Neumann and I are wondering if there is interest for a Euruko04? If yes, where and when? What about the last weekend in June? June 26 and 27? We hope to get a free room again .. maybe at Karlsruhe university. If anybody has any good ideas or free room, etc. please speak! Any feedback/coomments highly welcome, -Armin...

  1. #1

    Default Euruko 04? European Ruby conference?

    Hi all,

    Stefan Schmiedl, Michael Neumann and I are
    wondering if there is interest for a Euruko04?

    If yes, where and when? What about the last weekend
    in June? June 26 and 27? We hope to get a free room again ..
    maybe at Karlsruhe university.

    If anybody has any good ideas or free room, etc.
    please speak!

    Any feedback/coomments highly welcome,
    -Armin

    Armin Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Euruko 04? European Ruby conference?

    Armin Roehrl wrote:

    Yes! I am interested!

    That's OK for me.

    I wouldn't resit coming if it's located in Northern Germany. ;-)

    Happy rubying

    Stephan
    Stephan Guest

  3. #3

    Hello Stephan,

    SK> I wouldn't resit coming if it's located in Northern Germany. ;-)

    I second this.
    What's about Berlin ?

    --
    Best regards,
    Lothar mailto:com

    Lothar Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    o course :-)

    Being more from the south (Ulm), I think somewhere in the middle would
    be good. On the other hand I've never been to Berlin so that would be
    one more reason to go there for me :-)

    Happy Rubying,
    Guido

    Guido Guest

  5. #5

    Lothar Scholz wrote:

    I am pretty unbiased where it is.
    If we could get a conference room for free there and if possible find
    a not too expensive hotel or any other accomodation close
    to it, it would be a big plus.

    Let's wait and see where people would be coming from.

    Berlin is pretty much north-east of Germany, but on
    the other hand is closer to Poland and any other
    Eastern European country. Would anybody from
    there come?

    Ciao,
    -Armin.

    Armin Guest

  6. #6

    Hello Armin,

    AR> I am pretty unbiased where it is.
    AR> If we could get a conference room for free there and if possible find
    AR> a not too expensive hotel or any other accomodation close
    AR> to it, it would be a big plus.

    AR> Let's wait and see where people would be coming from.

    AR> Berlin is pretty much north-east of Germany, but on
    AR> the other hand is closer to Poland and any other
    AR> Eastern European country. Would anybody from
    AR> there come?

    I doubt this. But Berlin has one of the cheapest accomodation in germany,
    24 hours bars and a lot of entertainment and is maybe interesting for
    non-german people who wants to combine a conference with a short holiday trip
    (there are flights London <-> Berlin for 19 Euro).

    I left the TU-Berlin a few years ago but i'm very sure that it's not a
    problem to get a room for free. And the TU is really in the heart of
    Berlin.

    --
    Best regards,
    Lothar mailto:com

    Lothar Guest

  7. #7

    Lothar, can you check out whether we would
    get a room for free which we can access
    on Saturday and Sunday?

    Thanks!
    -A

    Armin Guest

  8. #8

    Hello Armin,

    Tuesday, February 10, 2004, 11:04:39 AM, you wrote:

     [/ref]
    AR> Lothar, can you check out whether we would
    AR> get a room for free which we can access
    AR> on Saturday and Sunday?

    If there isn't someone else who is a regular student there i can try
    it, but first we need a date.

    --
    Best regards,
    Lothar mailto:com

    Lothar Guest

  9. #9

    let's aim for the last weekend of June for now.

    July and August will be more problematic as many
    people might be on holidays, esp. the ones with school children.

    Armin Guest

  10. #10

    On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 05:33:30AM +0900, Armin Roehrl wrote:

    Certainly!

    Berlin is fine, probably I would even find a squat to stay at for a
    night or two... Hm, at that rate I may develop a habit of celebrating my
    birthday at conferences ;-)

    --
    Dmitry Borodaenko

    Dmitry Guest

  11. #11

    Hello Dmitry,

    DB> Berlin is fine, probably I would even find a squat to stay at for a
    DB> night or two... Hm, at that rate I may develop a habit of celebrating my
    DB> birthday at conferences ;-)

    I there any mailing still available from the last year discussing this
    topic (i mean for the Ruby conference - not www.squat.net).
    I'm sure that discussing all the organisational work shouldn't happen in
    the ruby newsgroup.

    By the way, how many people are expected ?
    Does anybody think that the number of the last Euruko (less then 30) will
    be increased a lot ?

    This is important because the computer science building of the TU-Berlin
    has no rooms for more then 40 persons. And getting a room outside the
    building is definitely not possible for free.

    --
    Best regards,
    Lothar mailto:com

    Lothar Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Internet access at Ruby conference
    By Ian Macdonald in forum Ruby
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 14th, 03:55 AM
  2. [ANN] Euruko 2003 Videos available at ruby-doc.org
    By jbritt@ruby-doc.org in forum Ruby
  3. ruby-doc.org and RubyConf/EuRuKo/OSCON slides
    By gabriele renzi in forum Ruby
  4. Ruby Conference 2003 pre-registration
    By Hal E. Fulton in forum Ruby
  5. Euruko 03: some slides and photos are online.
    By Armin Roehrl in forum Ruby
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 28th, 01:04 AM