I'm a Windows programmer new to Mac OS X programming. I've made a
static library for many of our Mac OS X projects that shows an
application-modal dialog if necessary.

My problem is that when this dialog is shown from a dynamic library
project (a Quark XTension project), any keypress within a text field
of the modal dialog causes the host application to crash. However,
when using this library of mine in a regular application project,
keypresses work in the dialog's text fields (and in all other
cirstances the library works perfectly).

I show this dialog with the RunAppModalLoopForWindow() function in
Carbon. Is there some other way that I should be showing modal
dialogs in the case where I'm running as a dynamic library?

Thank you for your time.