Professional Web Applications Themes

Every time i try to display records on an include page i get repeats of the whole include - ASP Database

hi guys and ladies, here is my problem and i would be most grateful if any one could shed some light on this please: i have a default.asp page and from there i pass a query string which is directed to page a.asp which collects the query info from database etc and which include 3 include files. when the include file loads up to include the actual data from the database for every piece of database info i get a complete format of the page a.asp and i only want the data to print in the inlcude file not all ...

  1. #1

    Default Every time i try to display records on an include page i get repeats of the whole include

    hi guys and ladies,

    here is my problem and i would be most grateful if any one could shed
    some light on this please:

    i have a default.asp page and from there i pass a query string which
    is directed to page a.asp which collects the query info from database
    etc and which include 3 include files. when the include file loads up
    to include the actual data from the database for every piece of
    database info i get a complete format of the page a.asp and i only
    want the data to print in the inlcude file not all the other include
    files.

    sorrys if i make no sense must have been the beer last night

    Best regards pickle
    adam Guest

  2. #2

    Cannot understand from description. Do you have code snippets that are not
    doing what you expect them to do?

    Ray at work

    "adam" <adamnichols45hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:5388ff.0402190638.2f7f6790posting.google.com ...
    > hi guys and ladies,
    >
    > here is my problem and i would be most grateful if any one could shed
    > some light on this please:
    >
    > i have a default.asp page and from there i pass a query string which
    > is directed to page a.asp which collects the query info from database
    > etc and which include 3 include files. when the include file loads up
    > to include the actual data from the database for every piece of
    > database info i get a complete format of the page a.asp and i only
    > want the data to print in the inlcude file not all the other include
    > files.
    >
    > sorrys if i make no sense must have been the beer last night
    >
    > Best regards pickle

    Ray at Guest

  3. #3

    Default MVP Summit

    Ray,
    A quick little OT question. You planning on being at the 2004 MVP
    Summit in April. I'm planning on being there, I could keep an eye out for
    you.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    Phillip Windell Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: MVP Summit

    Yep, I'm planning on it. Staying at the W. Beers are on me. :]

    Ray at work

    "Phillip Windell" <.> wrote in message
    > Ray,
    > A quick little OT question. You planning on being at the 2004 MVP
    > Summit in April. I'm planning on being there, I could keep an eye out for
    > you.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    > [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    Ray at Guest

  5. #5

    I forget which hotel I'm set for until the email comes in a day or so with
    the info, but I know it was the closest one to the location (I think it was
    one block).

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    message news:#ZzoOqx9DHA.2656TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Yep, I'm planning on it. Staying at the W. Beers are on me. :]
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "Phillip Windell" <.> wrote in message
    > > Ray,
    > > A quick little OT question. You planning on being at the 2004 MVP
    > > Summit in April. I'm planning on being there, I could keep an eye out
    for
    > > you.
    > >

    > > --
    > >
    > > Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    > > [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    Phillip Windell Guest

  6. #6

    See you there!

    > I forget which hotel I'm set for until the email comes in a day or so with
    > the info, but I know it was the closest one to the location (I think it
    was
    > one block).
    >

    > --
    >
    > Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    > [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]
    >

    > "Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in
    > message news:#ZzoOqx9DHA.2656TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > > Yep, I'm planning on it. Staying at the W. Beers are on me. :]
    > >
    > > Ray at work
    > >
    > > "Phillip Windell" <.> wrote in message
    > > > Ray,
    > > > A quick little OT question. You planning on being at the 2004
    MVP
    > > > Summit in April. I'm planning on being there, I could keep an eye out
    > for
    > > > you.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    > > > [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    Ray at Guest

  7. #7

    > I forget which hotel I'm set for until the email comes in a day or so with
    > the info, but I know it was the closest one to the location (I think it
    was
    > one block).
    FYI. I made this mistake last time. 6th Ave in Seattle is nowhere near 6th
    Ave in Bellevue. ;-)

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP Guest

  8. #8

    It is all a little fuzzy to me as to what is happening where and when,... I
    guess I'll figure it out by then.

    --

    "Aaron Bertrand - MVP" <aaronTRASHaspfaq.com> wrote in message
    > > I forget which hotel I'm set for until the email comes in a day or so
    with
    > > the info, but I know it was the closest one to the location (I think it
    > was
    > > one block).
    >
    > FYI. I made this mistake last time. 6th Ave in Seattle is nowhere near
    6th
    > Ave in Bellevue. ;-)

    Phillip Windell Guest

  9. #9

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:59:51 -0500, "Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]"
    <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote:
    >Yep, I'm planning on it. Staying at the W. Beers are on me. :]
    I smell a Seattle road trip here... :)

    (Actually, I'll be there as well, at the Renasaince...)

    Jeff
    >"Phillip Windell" <.> wrote in message
    >> Ray,
    >> A quick little OT question. You planning on being at the 2004 MVP
    >> Summit in April. I'm planning on being there, I could keep an eye out for
    >> you.
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    >> [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    Jeff Cochran Guest

  10. #10

    I'm in the ISA/Proxy MVP Group, but I'll try to keep an eye out for names
    I'll recognize from the ASP groups too.

    --

    "Jeff Cochran" <jcochran.nospamnaplesgov.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:59:51 -0500, "Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]"
    > <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote:
    >
    > >Yep, I'm planning on it. Staying at the W. Beers are on me. :]
    >
    > I smell a Seattle road trip here... :)
    >
    > (Actually, I'll be there as well, at the Renasaince...)
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > >"Phillip Windell" <.> wrote in message
    > >> Ray,
    > >> A quick little OT question. You planning on being at the 2004 MVP
    > >> Summit in April. I'm planning on being there, I could keep an eye out
    for
    > >> you.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    > >> [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    Phillip Windell Guest

  11. #11

    > I'm in the ISA/Proxy MVP Group, but I'll try to keep an eye out for names
    > I'll recognize from the ASP groups too.
    Ooh, now I know I'll hunt you down and ask you to verify that one cannot
    control the "outbound" IP that is used for proxy services in ISA 2000 on a
    W2K Server with multiple IP addresses. ;]

    Ray at home

    Ray at Guest

  12. #12

    It would always go by the primary IP of the NIC. All other IP#s on the NIC
    are considered "secondary". Cisco Routers have a similar concept. My MVP
    is actually in Proxy2, but I think it and ISA work the same in that.

    Now if you are talking about some kind of multiple runnning services on the
    same box (like multiple websites) which would each be bound to a particluar
    IP#, then that is a different situation. Each site would always use it's
    own IP#, so it isn't that same deal as a user browing the web from behind
    the proxy and wanting to control which IP# the remote host sees them as
    comming from.

    I try to avoid such odd-ball situations as much as I can, it is just an
    excuse for things to act up and not work as expected.

    Anyway.....Now that I'm here though,...I have a SQL question,..let me paint
    the scenario:

    Single Table with a single field, has *no* key field
    There may be duplicate entries.

    The goal is to have it output all the records but when it hits a duplicate I
    only want one copy of it. It tried it with SELECT DISTINCT but it seemed to
    drop all the Duplicates rather then give me the first one of them and drop
    the rest. At least that is what it appeared to do in my test.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    [url]www.wandtv.com[/url]

    "Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <Too many private support requests - Ask for
    it if needed> wrote in message news:umR0Gdt#DHA.2664TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

    > "Phillip Windell" <.> wrote in message
    > > I'm in the ISA/Proxy MVP Group, but I'll try to keep an eye out for
    names
    > > I'll recognize from the ASP groups too.
    >
    > Ooh, now I know I'll hunt you down and ask you to verify that one cannot
    > control the "outbound" IP that is used for proxy services in ISA 2000 on a
    > W2K Server with multiple IP addresses. ;]
    >
    > Ray at home

    Phillip Windell Guest

  13. #13

    > It would always go by the primary IP of the NIC. All other IP#s on the NIC
    > are considered "secondary". Cisco Routers have a similar concept. My MVP
    > is actually in Proxy2, but I think it and ISA work the same in that.
    Yeah, I thought I remembered hearing rumors that using secondary IPs was an
    option if you're running WS2003. I can't even remember why this came up
    now, but I was trying to find out how, if possible, I could use ISA's proxy
    services and have outgoing requests be used by the same IP as the proxy
    client is using to connect to the proxy server. In other words, if I use
    123.123.123.123 for my proxy server in IE, and I go to showmyip.com or
    something, I'd see 123.123.123.123. If I used 123.123.123.234 (server's
    secondary IP on single NIC), and I went to showmyip.com, I'd see
    123.123.123.234. But, I always saw 123.123.123.123, and then learned that
    this is the case because of what you said. It will always use the primary
    IP.

    > Single Table with a single field, has *no* key field
    > There may be duplicate entries.
    >
    > The goal is to have it output all the records but when it hits a duplicate
    > only want one copy of it. It tried it with SELECT DISTINCT but it seemed
    > drop all the Duplicates rather then give me the first one of them and drop
    > the rest. At least that is what it appeared to do in my test.
    Odd. I get one of each in my test table I created.

    Data:
    abc
    def
    ghi
    jkl
    mno
    pqr
    stu
    def
    jkl
    def
    stu
    stu
    stu
    def

    Query:
    SELECT DISTINCT theVal FORM Test

    Results:
    abc
    def
    ghi
    jkl
    mno
    pqr
    stu

    SQL 2000

    Ray at work

    Ray at Guest

  14. #14

    message news:#0HE5L9#DHA.3772TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Yeah, I thought I remembered hearing rumors that using secondary IPs was
    an
    > option if you're running WS2003. I can't even remember why this came up
    It even was the same with NT4, but the Interface only allowed you to enter a
    certain maximum number of secondaries (I forget the amount). You could add
    more if you did it with regedit. There were other things you could do too,
    like dead-gateway detection and stuff, but the more you pushed your luck the
    greater chances of "odd" behavior happening.
    > Odd. I get one of each in my test table I created.
    Ok, I'll try again later. Maybe I was just lookin at it cross-eyed or
    something.