Professional Web Applications Themes

example apps - Coldfusion - Getting Started

hi, I have had coldfusion for a while now, but have never really looked at the example apps, I thought id' try and this is the message I got: Oops. Sorry for the error... One of several things could be happening: You're trying to execute a ColdFusion page with a URL other than the localhost or 127.0.0.1, or You haven't installed ColdFusion example applications or doentation. If you tried to execute a ColdFusion page, you just need to: Execute example applications and ColdFusion utilities locally, using the localhost URL or 127.0.0.1, or, If the pages you want to execute are ...

  1. #1

    Default example apps

    hi, I have had coldfusion for a while now, but have never really looked at the
    example apps, I thought id' try and this is the message I got:

    Oops. Sorry for the error...

    One of several things could be happening:

    You're trying to execute a ColdFusion page with a URL other than the localhost
    or 127.0.0.1, or

    You haven't installed ColdFusion example applications or doentation.
    If you tried to execute a ColdFusion page, you just need to:

    Execute example applications and ColdFusion utilities locally, using the
    localhost URL or 127.0.0.1, or,

    If the pages you want to execute are not present, rerun the ColdFusion
    installer to install the example applications or doentation. Code examples
    that you can run from the CFML Language Reference are installed along with the
    example applications.
    Note that for maximum security, you should not install ColdFusion example
    applications or doentation on a production server.

    my set up is as follows: server with IIS and CF7 on, which has the wwwroot
    folder and CFIDE etc... then I work on a local PC which I publish all my files
    to the server and connect to the CFadmin through the wwwroot....

    any help please? as i'm sure I can learn alot from them

    thanks in advance

    Simonbullen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: example apps

    The errors say one of two things is wrong.

    1. You are using the Developer's version and are trying to access the page from other than the local computer.

    2. You did not install the example applications when you installed CF. Re-run the installer and install the example apps this
    time.

    --
    Ken Ford
    PVII Support Team

    "Simonbullen" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message news:dalt09$qrb$1forums.macromedia.com...
    : hi, I have had coldfusion for a while now, but have never really looked at the
    : example apps, I thought id' try and this is the message I got:
    :
    : Oops. Sorry for the error...
    :
[...]

    Ken Ford - *TMM* & PVII Guest

  3. #3

    well see this is the thing, it's full version and I have re-installed the example apps.....no joy.....
    Simonbullen Guest

  4. #4

    if i'm not mistaken, there's an IP filter in (i think) the application.cfm's. that's a security measure. if you want to run these from a w/s not the cf server, edit those files.

    PaulH Guest

  5. #5

    thanks for that, this is the content of the application.cfm files within each
    CF aplpication:

    <cfif request.locale neq "jp" and request.locale neq "ja">
    <cfset request.locale = "en">
    </cfif>

    <cfif cgi.remote_addr is "" or not (CGI.REMOTE_ADDR is "localhost" or
    CGI.REMOTE_ADDR is "ip address here")>
    <cfinclude template="/CFIDE/gettingstarted/sorry.htm">
    <cfabort>
    </cfif>

    so where it says "ip address here" this was our default ip loop back, so i
    changed this to my local machine IP, but still no joy...am I changing it in the
    right please?

    thanks for your help so far

    Simonbullen Guest

  6. #6

    double check your IP or lose all the logic.
    PaulH Guest

  7. #7

    ok, I changed the ipaddress to my local machine in all the application.cfm files and it now works a treat! thank you very much, has had me stumped for months

    cheers:)
    Simonbullen Guest