Hi Jerry,

According to my experience, it seems that such issues may possibly be
caused due to the server name being NULL.
To verify this, please open Query yzer, connect to the server, and then
run the following statement:
Select Servername
Normally, this code returns the Microsoft Windows NT machine name of the
server.
To work around this behavior, run the following statement from the Query
yzer:
Sp_addserver 'servername', 'local'
Note: servername is the Windows NT machine name.
Stop, and then restart the SQL Server.

For more information, please visit the article below:
270061 BUG: Access Violation Occurs When You Debug Stored Procedure
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270061

Does it work now? If not, can you connect to the SQL Server using Query
yzer and perform the same operations as the SQL debugging feature. If
the error message occurs with Query yzer as well, then please describe
the process which causes the problem in details using Query yzer so
that I can reproduce it on my side.
I am waiting for your response.

Michael Shao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! C www.microsoft.com/security

This posting is provided as is with no warranties and confers no rights.