Professional Web Applications Themes

## EXCEPTIONAL RESUME ## - unix,c,c++,enterprise/embedded systems - UNIX Programming

Dear Madam/Sir, Please find inlined my exceptional resume for you kind consideration/referral. best regards. ============ EXCEPTIONAL RESUME ============ Address - #2923, Residence Inn Silicon Valley II, 1080 Stewart Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. E-mail - com Phone - +1 408 720 8893 extn. 2923 --- OBJECTIVE --- To bring my rich system software experience, strong ytical abilities and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to challenging growth oriented projects --- SKILLS --- Domains - Unix internals, Enterprise systems, Embedded systems, Virtual memory systems, RAID, Volume managers, File systems, Debuggers, Drivers, RTOS, Processor simulators, Processor architectures, 3D game development Platforms - Unix, Solaris, ...

  1. #1

    Default ## EXCEPTIONAL RESUME ## - unix,c,c++,enterprise/embedded systems

    #2923,
    Residence Inn Silicon Valley II,
    1080 Stewart Drive,
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086.

    E-mail - com
    Phone - +1 408 720 8893 extn. 2923

    --- OBJECTIVE ---

    To bring my rich system software experience, strong ytical
    abilities and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to
    challenging growth oriented projects

    --- SKILLS ---

    Domains - Unix internals, Enterprise systems, Embedded systems,
    Virtual memory systems, RAID, Volume managers, File systems,
    Debuggers, Drivers, RTOS, Processor simulators, Processor
    architectures, 3D game development
    Platforms - Unix, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, Windows
    Languages - C, C++, Assembly, Unix shell scripting, Basic Java & XML
    Others - Object oriented ysis, design and programming, Software
    engineering cycle and processes, Unix systems administration

    --- EXPERIENCE ---

    Since Mar 2003 === Hewlett-Packard === Bangalore, India

    Senior Software Engineer.

    * Module owner for HP-UX 11.0 virtual memory demand paging subsystem
    * Responsible for defect fixes, enhancements and patch releases

    Sep 2002 - Feb 2003

    * Studied business, economics, psychology and philosophy

    May 2000 - Aug 2002 === Sun Microsystems === Bangalore, India

    Member Technical Staff.

    * Ported SunONE Identity Server policy agent to Linux and Solaris 9
    * Enhanced Solaris Volume Manager to use kernel task queues
    * Designed and prototyped Veritas to Solaris volume manager data
    migration tool. Interacted globally to define requirements
    * Implemented disk debugger for ufs filesystems
    * Enhanced ufs testsuite for system call interface changes
    * Setup and administered E4500 Sun server for the engineering team

    Nov 1998 - Apr 2000 === Dharma Computers === Bangalore, India

    Software Engineer, Consultant to Zilog

    * Proposed, designed and implemented debug monitor for Z382
    microcontroller board
    * Proposed, designed and implemented fetch-decode-execute pipeline for
    Z382 processor simulator
    * Enhanced Zilog's integrated development environment to inspect
    runtime kernel state of target embedded RTOS
    * Implemented RPC framework to port a distributed MB II application to
    Linux

    Aug 1997 - Oct 1998 === Dhruva Interactive === Bangalore, India

    Software Engineer

    * Implemented a two player, network flight simulator, 3D game engine
    * Proposed, designed and implemented a 3D game prototyping engine

    --- EDUCATION ---

    1993 - 1997 === Karnataka University === Belgaum, India

    Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Communications)

    * Scored an aggregate of 80%
    * Implemented a communication services application on Windows

    ============ DETAILED EXPERIENCE ============

    === Since Mar 2003 === Hewlett-Packard === Bangalore, India

    * Module owner for HP-UX 11.0 virtual memory demand paging subsystem

    Responsible for defect fixes, enhancements, patch releases and future
    roadmaps for the owned module as per HP quality standards and
    schedules. Working in a multicultural globally distributed team.
    Closely interacting with management to define project scopes and
    schedules. Involved with defining a new process for the patch release
    cycle.

    === May 2000 - Aug 2002 === Sun Microsystems === Bangalore, India

    * Ported SunONE Identity Server policy agent to Linux and Solaris 9

    The SunONE Identity Server policy agents are components that reside on
    the web servers to intercept, authenticate and authorize access to
    protected web resources based on specified policies. I ported the
    agent for Apache 1.3.12 on Solaris 8 to Apache 1.3.20 on Red Hat Linux
    7.2 and Apache 1.3.22 on Solaris 9. The task involved enhancing the
    source tree in CVS repository to incorporate source, build and
    packaging changes for the different targets.

    * Enhanced Solaris Volume Manager to use kernel task queues

    The Solaris Volume Manager (formerly known as Solstice Disk Suite)
    needs to asynchronously perform some tasks as a part of it's internal
    functioning. In order to do so it maintains some daemon threads and
    queues of tasks to be serviced by the threads. The Solaris kernel
    framework offers similar task queue functionality. I participated in
    changing the implementation of daemon threads to kernel task queues.

    * Designed and prototyped Veritas to Solaris volume manager data
    migration tool

    The data migration tool was required to migrate the data held by
    Veritas volume manager (VxVM) to an equivalent configuration under
    Solaris volume manager (SVM), using the same storage resources. I
    defined the requirements, designed and lead one engineer to implement
    a prototype for the tool. To define the requirements I interacted with
    nearly fifteen people globally, representing different cross sections
    of the company, such as engineering, management, marketing and field
    engineers; via mailing lists, teleconferences and visits to their
    office in the US. I proposed and designed the tool as a compiler. The
    input was the VxVM configuration, obtained from the Veritas command
    line interface. The output was a shell script, which executed the SVM
    commands to create the equivalent SVM configuration, reallocating the
    storage resources held by the source configuration.

    * Implemented disk debugger for ufs filesystems

    The debugger was implemented as modules for mdb (modular debugger) in
    Solaris. I, with some team members, implemented the functionalities to
    read the ufs layout on the raw disk device and provide structural
    information, debugging and sanity checking. Some examples are ondisk
    structural dumps of filesystem structures like superblock, cylinder
    group, inode etc.; ondisk layout information of superblock s,
    cylinder group information, disk blocks of a file; sanity checks such
    as consistency in inode link count and directory references to the
    inode. The command line interface was targeted to be both user and
    script friendly.

    * Enhanced ufs testsuite for system call interface changes

    Extended attributes is functionality added in the ufs filesystem to
    allow support for user defined attributes for a ufs file. The project
    resulted in some interface and functionality changes at the system
    call level. I, with another team member, enhanced the ufs testsuite to
    test these changes.

    * Setup and administered E4500 Sun server for the engineering team

    I, with another team member, undertook this administrative task on a
    personal initiative. The objective was to reduce external
    administrative man-hour costs for the group by sharing the
    responsibility in-house. The decision was inspired by the company's
    need to aggressively cut costs where possible. An E4500 Sun server was
    set up to serve the various needs of the engineering group such as
    maintaining a local clone of the source tree, tools and providing
    build resources. Solaris Volume Manager was used to manage the local
    storage (on an A5200) with a mirrored root. Various cron jobs were
    written for various health checks and administrative tasks.

    Nov 1998 - Apr 2000 === Zilog, Dharma Computers === Bangalore, India

    * Proposed, designed and implemented debug monitor for Z382
    microcontroller board

    Zilog Developer Studio (ZDS) is an integrated development environment
    on the Windows platform that facilitates embedded application
    development for Zilog microcontroller based in-circuit emulator
    targets. It interacts with the targets over a serial port to download
    and debug applications. The Z382 microcontroller board was not
    available in an emulator configuration and was to be supported for
    ZDS. I single handedly proposed, designed and implemented a debug
    monitor for the target that implemented the functionality provided by
    emulators, in software. The debug monitor implemented a protocol stack
    to interact with the host. It provided support to download the
    embedded application from the host and allocate memory for the
    application and it's stack. It supported debug functionalities such as
    register and memory manipulations, breakpoints and single stepping.
    About 95% of the code was written in C and the remainder was assembly.

    * Proposed, designed and implemented fetch-decode-execute pipeline for
    Z382 processor simulator

    The Z382 processor simulator was a multithreaded software simulation
    of the Z382 processor on the Windows platform within a framework to
    load and debug applications. It implemented the fetch-decode-execute
    pipeline of the processor and debug functionalities such as load
    application into simulated memory, manipulate simulated memory and
    registers, breakpoints and single stepping. As my primary role in the
    team, I proposed, designed and implemented the fetch-decode-execute
    pipeline and implemented the simulation code for the processor
    instructions.

    * Enhanced Zilog's integrated development environment to inspect
    runtime kernel state of target embedded RTOS

    The real-time Zilog kernel (RZK) is a real-time operating system
    kernel that may be used for embedded application development for Zilog
    targets. I enhanced ZDS and RZK to retrieve and display runtime kernel
    state while debugging the target. State information for the following
    operating system objects was supported - threads, mailboxes, message
    queues, event groups, software timers, semaphores and memory
    partitions.

    * Implemented RPC framework to port a distributed MB II application to
    Linux

    A legacy system based on the MB II architecture hosted a distributed
    radar tracking application. A hardware backplane hosted some
    controller cards, each running a component of the distributed
    application, which interacted with each other, using solicited and
    unsolicited messaging supported by the platform. The distributed
    application was required to be ported to the Linux platform. I, with a
    team member, implemented the messaging support on Linux to facilitate
    the porting of the distributed application. The implementation was a
    library based on remote procedure call.

    Aug 1997 - Oct 1998 === Dhruva Interactive Pvt. Ltd. === Bangalore,
    India

    * Implemented a two player, network flight simulator, 3D game engine

    The engine was based on a flight simulator model. It was designed to
    enable two players to engage in an air combat in a common virtual 3D
    world over a network, interactively. Each player's screen displays the
    first person perspective view from the player's aircraft. The engine
    supported elementary flight simulation and collision detection. The 3D
    meshes and textures were developed in-house and were imported by the
    engine in a custom file format. I, with a team member, designed the
    game, visualized the graphics and implemented the engine.

    * Proposed, designed and implemented a 3D game prototyping engine

    I single handedly proposed, designed and implemented the prototyping
    engine to aid the development process of an in house 3D game engine
    project. The objective was to quickly introduce multiple game objects
    (3D objects with motion characteristics) into a 3D world to gauge
    their look and feel before integrating them with the game engine. The
    prototyping engine offered a framework to the game developers to
    specify object characteristics using mesh and texture files, and
    motion characteristics by implementing state and motion
    functionalities in objects derived from abstract base classes. The
    engine could then manipulate the state of the object per frame and
    render the entire 3D scene at an appropriate frame rate.

    Mar 1997 - May 1997 === Karnataka University === Belgaum, India

    * Implemented a communication services application on Windows

    I developed this software on the Windows platform to facilitate
    multiple users over a network to establish connections with each other
    and avail various interactive services, with a user-friendly
    interface. The connection establishment and maintenance was based on a
    peer-to-peer model with an underlying client server architecture. The
    application ran as a server daemon listening for connection requests
    from other peers. However, on user request it could initiate a
    connection by switching into the client mode. Each user could set
    multiple connections with multiple peer users. Each connection could
    then avail the following services - chat, shared windows to scribble
    with mouse, and a game of tic-tac-toe.
    Exceptional Guest

  2. #2

    On 22 Sep 2003, Exceptional Candidate wrote:

    [...]

    If you're so exceptional, why are you so dumb as to post your
    resume to a technical newsgroup? Duh...

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Guest

  3. #3

    Rich Teer <com> writes:

    > [...]
    >
    > If you're so exceptional, why are you so dumb as to post your
    > resume to a technical newsgroup? Duh...
    >[/ref]

    And I am sure that his current employer (HP) will be quite happy to find
    out that he is looking for a new job ...

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  4. #4

    > >> Dear Madam/Sir,
    > >
    > > [...]
    > >
    > > If you're so exceptional, why are you so dumb as to post your
    > > resume to a technical newsgroup? Duh...
    > >[/ref][/ref]

    Unless HP is not anymore his current employer...

    Bye,
    Loic.
    --
    Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
    Accès par Nnrp ou Web

  5. #5

    Loic Domaigne <net> writes:
     [/ref]

    > Unless HP is not anymore his current employer...[/ref]

    I was also considering this, but his resume is quite clear:
     [/ref][/ref]

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  6. #6

    > > Unless HP is not anymore his current employer...[/ref][/ref]

     [/ref][/ref]

    Yeah... I know. But I couldn't find any other logical explanations.

    Furthermore, you have probably noticed that he said to be living in
    California. Since when does HP Bangalore have subsidiary in Silicon Valley?
    I'm surely missing something... I thought, it was the other way around ;-)

    Bye,
    Loic.

  7. #7

    Loic Domaigne <net> writes:
     [/ref]

    > [/ref]
    >
    > Yeah... I know. But I couldn't find any other logical explanations.
    >
    > Furthermore, you have probably noticed that he said to be living in
    > California. Since when does HP Bangalore have subsidiary in Silicon
    > Valley? I'm surely missing something... I thought, it was the other
    > way around ;-)[/ref]

    It's not that unusual for big contractors in India to rotate their
    people into the companies they're supporting. So he could be living in
    the US now. Maybe he isn't so exceptional that he realizes Usenet is
    world wide :-)

    Joe
    joe@invalid.address Guest

  8. #8

    On 23 Sep 2003 20:14:03 +0000, Loic Domaigne <net> wrote: [/ref]

    > [/ref]
    >
    > Yeah... I know. But I couldn't find any other logical explanations.[/ref]

    Anybody stupid enough to think any employer will be impressed by somebody
    too lazy to read job listings isn't going to consider a reaction by his
    current employer.

    TCS Guest

  9. #9

    Dear Friends,

    This is corny, but I sincerely apologize for posting in this
    newsgroup. I regret inconveniencing you. Will never happen again.

    rgds.
    Exceptional Guest