I wanted to bring up this issue again to get some response from Adobe or any
users out there on what the resolution is to this MAJOR problem and bug.

Again, this latest Microsoft security patch cleans up EMF metafile reading
and rendering in Windows to make sure each file is to their specification so
as to avoid (potential) viruses. Of course Microsoft should have never put
in this modification to an established file format but the reality is that
they have and we are stuck. What do we do?

***HOW TO TEST: Create a 50X50 metafile in Illustrator with the word Hello
in the middle. Export as EMF and then try to Insert Picture into Microsoft
Word or PowerPoint on a computer with this hotfix installed. The image will
not appear, as simple as that.

This problem is causing a lot of trouble for thousands of users and my
customers are suffering as I rely on Illustrator to generate map images for
my commercial software product.

Is there a resolution in the works and what specifically is causing this
problem? I hope Adobe can release a utility to at least clean up EMF files
that exhibit this behavior as I have no control over the export process.
Please support your customers, as Illustrator is the most commonly used
application to create EMF files for Windows.

Debugging the playing of metafile records line by line in Visual Studio, the
first line it crashes is related to TextOut:
EmfExtTextOutA (0, 76) 0D 00 00 00 D8 FF FF FF 37 00 00 00 EF FF FF FF 02 00
00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 4C 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 26 00 00 00 89 FF FF FF A6 00 00 00 CD FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
48 65 6C 6C 6F 00 00 00

Thank you for taking this seriously and following up with all your customers
on this newsgroup with the latest status.

-Scott
Please contact me at the [url]www.Meliovation.com[/url] contact form if necessary.