I'm learning my first lessons with Illustrator 10. I have a created a
simple logo that includes some text. I'd like to save it as *.wmf in order
to use it in usual office apps (such as MS Word) but I'm not happy with the
results.

If I export it "as is", then you need to have the font installed or it'll
fall back to an ugly default font. If I use "Text-> Create contours"
(sorry, I'm translating from Spanish) before exporting I get jagged
characters without curves. I'd greatly appreciate any tip on exporting
logos as vector output. Thank you before hand.

--
-- Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain