Professional Web Applications Themes

exporting a table for a format txt - Microsoft Access

I need to create a form of exporting a table for a format txt. I know that can create a macro for that and tie I already did. Only that to macro already defines the name of the file destiny, while I need that the user has the option of typing the name of the file that will be generated by that export, Jan2003.txt, Balancete.txt, for instance. Do I imagine then that she can make that road some I modulate, once I found modules that copy or do they move files, why some not to exist to name? Like this, ...

  1. #1

    Default exporting a table for a format txt

    I need to create a form of exporting a table for a format txt. I know that
    can create a macro for that and tie I already did. Only that to macro
    already defines the name of the file destiny, while I need that the user has
    the option of typing the name of the file that will be generated by that
    export, Jan2003.txt, Balancete.txt, for instance. Do I imagine then that she
    can make that road some I modulate, once I found modules that copy or do
    they move files, why some not to exist to name? Like this, it could export
    the table with the fixed name for the same macro and to use that I modulate
    to name for the name that the user wanted.
    I know that that and a super task, but I believe that is not something
    impossible.
    I thank the attention

    Frank Dulk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: exporting a table for a format txt

    Frank,
    This link has the code to allow the user to select the folder and file name:
    [url]http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm[/url]

    --
    Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
    Tips for Access users - [url]http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html[/url]

    "Frank Dulk" <fdulkbol.com.br> wrote in message

    > I need to create a form of exporting a table for a format txt. I know that
    > can create a macro for that and tie I already did. Only that to macro
    > already defines the name of the file destiny, while I need that the user
    has
    > the option of typing the name of the file that will be generated by that
    > export, Jan2003.txt, Balancete.txt, for instance. Do I imagine then that
    she
    > can make that road some I modulate, once I found modules that copy or do
    > they move files, why some not to exist to name? Like this, it could export
    > the table with the fixed name for the same macro and to use that I
    modulate
    > to name for the name that the user wanted.
    > I know that that and a super task, but I believe that is not something
    > impossible.
    > I thank the attention

    Allen Browne Guest

  3. #3

    You need to know some VBA to solution this. The MS
    example is:
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "Employees",
    acFormatTXT, "C:\Employee.txt", True

    this exports the table Employees to text file called
    Employee.txt to the root of the C drive. You can
    dynamically create the file name and path for the export
    but you have to undestand VBA to gether the values from
    the user and then concatenate these values to create the
    file name and path.

    the True statement at the end of this code opens the newly
    created file

    Bish Guest