Professional Web Applications Themes

exporting Vector images into Sign making software - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I have been working with Easysign software and the information from the company says that I need to have adobe to make vector .EPS files to import clip art into easy sign-- I have spent days trying to accomplish this and I can't seem to make it work-- Does anyone have any suggestions or some advice for me that will let me save an image in adobe and them export it into my sign software?...

  1. #1

    Default exporting Vector images into Sign making software

    Amy_A_Simmons@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Adobe is not a program, it is a company, There are several programs sold by Adobe, but I assume you are using Illustrator, since that's where you are.

    You can just Save As with any file to make an EPS. If you are using any version but Illustrator 11 (aka Illustrator CS), then you can choose the version for the EPS file when you save it. You probably want to save as a versio 8 or earlier file.

    If you are using Illustrator 11, then you must Export your file asn Illustrator Legacy EPS.

    WHen working with sign making, there are some things to do to prepare the file:

    * Convert all text to outlines,
    * Make sure there are no raster effects in the file (drop shadows, glows, fethering, blurring, etc.),
    * Only use solid colours for fills, no gradients,
    * Do not stroke anything. It you want to make something look like it has an outline you need to expand (Object > Expand) any stroke applied to that shape.

    There are other considerations. The sign shop is far more aware of what they can do than I am, and they likely have professionals working there who have seen it all and can alert you to any hazzards in your design.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:14:30 -0700, com
    wrote:

    Compatibility
    EasySIGN is supplied with a direct link to well-known graphics
    software, such as CorelDRAW™, Adobe
    Illustrator™, Macromedia Freehand™, Adobe Photoshop™ and Corel
    PhotoPaint™. You can transfer files
    and worksheets from these software packages into EasySIGN with just
    one click and without the hassle
    of saving, exporting, finding and importing.
    Installing Compatibility
    During the EasySIGN Setup you were given the option to activate this
    option in the last dialog window
    If you did not activate the option at that time you can still install
    Compatibility without having to restart
    the EasySIGN Setup. In Windows™ select "Start, Programs, EasySIGN VX,
    Tools, Compatibility" and
    follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.

    I just looked at their demo and it would seem you need to do the above
    and then don't need to worry about .EPS or importing. Just open it in
    Ill and click on the EasySIGN button to get it.

    Steve E.
    Steven_Eyrse@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Sounds to me like that one-button artwork transfer thing is just a fancy way of using the clipboard. Despite the perceived hassle, I prefer exporting actual art files and then manually importing them into the target application.

    I've seen lots of wierd problems when copying vector art from drawing applications and pasting into sign making applications via the clipboard. Very often the artwork may get resized out of whack or even distorted.

    In general when hopping artwork from one application to another it is a good idea to check artwork integrity when it is opened or imported.
    Bobby_Henderson@adobeforums.com Guest