Professional Web Applications Themes

Extensions missing - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

I'm using DW8 on WinXP Pro. I am a "User" without admin priviledges. I have several extensions installed and they all work fine. Howevery, I went look at what I had and none of the extensions show up in Extension Manager. I can install just fine, but as soon as I close EM and reopen, the extension in gone. Has anyone run across a similar situation? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks! Adam...

  1. #1

    Default Extensions missing

    I'm using DW8 on WinXP Pro. I am a "User" without admin priviledges. I have
    several extensions installed and they all work fine. Howevery, I went look at
    what I had and none of the extensions show up in Extension Manager. I can
    install just fine, but as soon as I close EM and reopen, the extension in gone.
    Has anyone run across a similar situation? Any insight would be helpful.
    Thanks!

    Adam

    akammeyer Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Extensions missing

    I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?
    I am using XP pro and DreamWeaver 7.0.1.2181 with Extension Manager 1.7.240.0
    and I don?t have admin rights either. It was working fine after the system
    administrator needed to re-install my computer.
    Is there anyone out there who might have a solution?

    EduHeras Guest

  3. #3

    I have not yet found a solution. It hasn't been top priority for me lately.
    Too much to do. But I'm going to try and run some tests on my home computer
    and see what I come up with. If anyone else has some insight, it would be much
    appreciated.

    akammeyer Guest

  4. #4

    Last night I did some testing. My admin account was able to install extensions
    and have them re-appear in the extensions manager. My user account was able to
    install extensions, but not able to see them in the extension manager later.
    Sounds like this could be a bug in Extension Manager.

    akammeyer Guest

  5. #5

    I'm running Mac OSX 10.3.9 and Dreamweaver 8 and having exactly the same
    problems. I thought it was an administrative problem, but my administrator just
    gave my account administrative control and still the extensions are not
    installing for the Extension Manager.

    Just as Akammeyer does, the installation completed just fine, but when I
    restart either Dreamweaver or the Extension Manager, nothing shows up.

    Peter Roper Guest

  6. #6

    I found a solution for me(yesterday) . I am using I am using XP pro SP1 and
    DreamWeaver 7.0.1.2181 with Extension Manager 1.7.240.0.
    I don't have admin rights.
    The solution was:
    - Uninstall everything
    - The admin added me in the Admin group
    - Reinstall everything from my account (with new admin rights)
    - Remove my self from the admin group
    Et voila!! Everything is ok now. Extension manager works fine and I can
    install/uninstall/activate/de-activate extension

    I hope it works for some of you, no idea about MAC... Let me know
    PS: it is true that now I can not open any link on a new window using explorer
    but I think (hope) it is another problem.

    EduHeras Guest

  7. #7

    I finally have everything working. For reference, I'm posting what I've
    learned.

    When installing an extension, Extension Manager (EM) makes a copy of the mxi
    and mxp extension files in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Extension
    Manager\Configuration\Extensions (the list of currently installed extensions).
    EM also copies the mxi files to C:\Doents and
    Settings\[username]\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver
    8\Configuration\Extensions (the list of active extensions for [username]).
    This is so extensions will be available to all users on a system, but each user
    can choose whether or not to activate that extension for their DW
    configuration.

    As a limited user, I did not have write permissions to the Program Files
    folder, so the extension installed to my Configuration folder but did not copy
    to the Program Files folder. The network administrator gave me write access to
    C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Extension Manager\Configuration\Extensions and from
    that point forward, I could install and manage extensions. To manage the
    extensions I had installed before being granted write permissions, I copied all
    mxi files from my user Configuration folder to the EM Configuration folder,
    restarted EM and they all showed up.

    akammeyer Guest