HI,
I've been trying to figure out how to get external casts to work in DMX2004,
and have had only intermittent success. I'm not sure if it is something I am
doing wrong or if it is a flaw with my version of director. If anyone else has
had these issues, I would really appreciate knowing; or if anyone knows if I am
doing something wrong, please tell me. I have wasted a lot of time trying to
figure this out.

1st problem: After I create a new external cast, the first time I save all
(and sometimes subsequent times as well), it asks me to save some of the other
casts as if I've just created them as well. After I save this other file it is
empty and only 4k, I've made the mistake of saving it in the same location as
the existing one, and then replacing the original with an empty file. I'[ve
been getting around this by just saving it in another location then deleting it
later. This can't be normal.

2nd problem: When I modify an external cast by saving it as shockwave, it
works sometimes, but often I can't get the files to appear. Strange thing is I
use the exact same process, no difference at all, but it only works sometimes.
Is there a limit to how many external shockwaved casts I can use? The most I've
been able to get to work in my experiments is 2, after that the photos don't
appear. This can't be normal either, I know many of you have used external .cct
files for your jpegs, has anyone else had these problems.

Bonus Question :-) , If I want to update my movie and change some photos
later, can I re-import my backed up original external cast, make any changes
then re-save the shockwave .cct, or do I need to re-import every thing from
scratch? I'd think I could do the previous, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance for your comments. I'm really quite stuck here, and need to
get this issue resolved before I can move on with my project.