Professional Web Applications Themes

EXtreme 3d 2 not enough ram to launch - Macromedia Freehand

I have just upgraded our computer to P4 2.8Ghz/1GB DDR Ram/74GB HD. Unfortunately, after installing our FH Graphics Studio 7 (included programs; Freehand7/xRes, Fontographer, and Extreme 3d 2) I find that two of the programs will not launch, they are Fontographer 4.1 (error received on start-up; could not initiatize the program, because there is not enough memory available to run: code= -30202) and Extreme 3D 2 (error received on start-up; Extreme 3D servere error: Insufficient RAM tp launch application). The other programs in the suite, Freehand7 and xRes run fine. Has anyone got an answer to this? Thank you!...

  1. #1

    Default EXtreme 3d 2 not enough ram to launch

    I have just upgraded our computer to P4 2.8Ghz/1GB DDR Ram/74GB HD.

    Unfortunately, after installing our FH Graphics Studio 7 (included programs;
    Freehand7/xRes, Fontographer, and Extreme 3d 2) I find that two of the programs
    will not launch, they are Fontographer 4.1 (error received on start-up; could
    not initiatize the program, because there is not enough memory available to
    run: code= -30202) and Extreme 3D 2 (error received on start-up; Extreme 3D
    servere error: Insufficient RAM tp launch application). The other programs in
    the suite, Freehand7 and xRes run fine.

    Has anyone got an answer to this? Thank you!

    Abiquiu Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: EXtreme 3d 2 not enough ram to launch

    I can only speak for Fontographer 4.1 here, but as far as I'm aware it won't
    run under Windows XP... and since you said you'd upgraded your PC, I'm assuming
    you're working with Windows XP now? I recently switched from Windows 2000 to
    Windows XP (a move I'm kind of regretting, but I digress...) and received the
    same error message when I tried to run Fontographer 4.1.

    Don't think Macromedia are supporting Fontographer anymore either, so there's
    probably never going to be a patch to sort this out. Then again, Macromedia
    can't even release decent patches for products which they are still supporting.
    And I'm talking about Freehand here - MX is a big, fat joke!

    SimonBowland Guest

  3. #3

    The upgrade was to our computer only, we are still using Windows 2000 Pro (NTFS file system). I believe that both errors, though different in message, are the same problem have to do with RAM.
    Abiquiu Guest

  4. #4

    Abiquiu;
    I got the same memory error when I tried installing it on a p4 with1g
    ecc ram last year. I suspect (as you seem to) that e3d is not recognizing
    the newer ram. I still use the application every so often on an old p3
    800mHz 512 ram under win98se, but since MM long ago abandoned e3d, I expect
    my use of it will finally end when that machine is "retired"... -Tom
    Unger

    Tom Unger Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Tom,

    My motherboard is installed with 1GB DDR400/unbuffered/non-ECC memory, I don't
    think that is the problem as the other programs in the FreeHand7 Suite run,
    only Fontographer and Extreme #D 2 have this problem. I do agree with you,
    Macromedia software leaves a lot to be desired, their tech support and
    Knowledge base support is no help either.

    Abiquiu Guest

  6. #6

    If you ckeck the fontographer forum it seems like your question have been
    answered in regard to FG, it also seems MM has a technote on the subject:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fontographer/ts/doents/tn3798-fognews.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fontographer/ts/doents/30202.htm[/url]

    Rather than waste time complaining about the lach of tech support for FG in
    the FH forum you might want to head over to the FG forum.

    mg

    "Abiquiu" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > My motherboard is installed with 1GB DDR400/unbuffered/non-ECC memory, I
    don't
    > think that is the problem as the other programs in the FreeHand7 Suite
    run,
    > only Fontographer and Extreme #D 2 have this problem. I do agree with you,
    > Macromedia software leaves a lot to be desired, their tech support and
    > Knowledge base support is no help either.

    Martin Gamache Guest

  7. #7

    Check this thread:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=198&threadid=868118[/url]

    or this:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fontographer/ts/doents/30202.htm[/url]

    BTW, it may be more useful to check the FG list than to complain in the FH
    list about lack of tech support.

  8. #8

    Not sure if you want to hear this right now, but I used to use E3d for
    several years. After hearing that MM was no longer going to support it,
    and after they closed down the E3d newsgroup I switched to Strata 3d
    Pro. I just got the new upgrade to CX and it is an incredible program. I
    am having fantastic results and am on the verge of totally replacing
    product photography with 3d renderings.

    The good news is that they allowed me to do a competitive upgrade from
    E3d even though MM was no longer supporting it. Maybe they will give you
    the same deal.

    Good luck,
    Tim Hines
    remove x to e-mail

    Abiquiu wrote:
    > I have just upgraded our computer to P4 2.8Ghz/1GB DDR Ram/74GB HD.
    >
    > Unfortunately, after installing our FH Graphics Studio 7 (included programs;
    > Freehand7/xRes, Fontographer, and Extreme 3d 2) I find that two of the programs
    > will not launch, they are Fontographer 4.1 (error received on start-up; could
    > not initiatize the program, because there is not enough memory available to
    > run: code= -30202) and Extreme 3D 2 (error received on start-up; Extreme 3D
    > servere error: Insufficient RAM tp launch application). The other programs in
    > the suite, Freehand7 and xRes run fine.
    >
    > Has anyone got an answer to this? Thank you!

    Tim Hines Guest

  9. #9

    Default ......and this is the answer....

    Check this out, i've find it in other site
    "Something that might factor in is a weird issue for people using an OS based
    on the NT kernel, like Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Certain programs give a
    strange memory issue message, saying that there is not enough memory to run the
    application. This makes no sense, as all the people that have run into this
    have over 1GB of RAM. I could not run Fontographer 4.1, and someone else here
    got that message running Painter 6. The answer I discovered in a News Group was
    to ."lower the Virtual Memory in the Paging File to under 1GB. I set mine to
    900MB, and suddenly, Fontographer 4.1 worked. This worked as a solution for the
    Painter 6 person, as well. I have no clue if any of this will help your Gremlin
    Pixels Issue, but, it might be something to keep in mind. I hope someone else
    can provide a definitive answer for you. This computer stuff is so frustrating

    MrSanata Guest

  10. #10

    Default Re: ......and this is the answer....

    Thank you MrSanata,

    Your reducing virtual memory worked for Fontographer 4.1 for me to. But for
    Extreme 3D 2 it did not do the job, I still get "insufficient ram to launch
    application". Hope someone can inform me how to get this working, this is the
    main part of the suite I wanted to use. Thanks again... Dan

    Abiquiu Guest