Professional Web Applications Themes

extremely OT - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have seen some OT posts before, but this might be the hest off topic. I was channel-surfing the other night, and ran across the Spanish station and they were playing "The Blue Lagoon" with dialog dubbed in Spanish. I was familiar with the plot, but never actually saw the movie. Anyway, I watched for a few minutes, then continued to surf. Later, I surfed by again, and caught the last minute or two, as the movie was ending. Apparently, the yong photogenic couple had given birth to a little boy, then decided to leave the island on a raft. ...

  1. #1

    Default extremely OT

    I have seen some OT posts before, but this might be the hest off topic.

    I was channel-surfing the other night, and ran across the Spanish station
    and they were playing "The Blue Lagoon" with dialog dubbed in Spanish. I was
    familiar with the plot, but never actually saw the movie.

    Anyway, I watched for a few minutes, then continued to surf. Later, I surfed
    by again, and caught the last minute or two, as the movie was ending.
    Apparently, the yong photogenic couple had given birth to a little boy, then
    decided to leave the island on a raft. They were found drifting by a ship.
    The ship stops to send some guys to pick them up, but they are sleeping.
    Then the credits roll.

    My question is, did they die? Or were they sleeping? They didn't look
    emaciated or anything; looked pretty healthy, actually. And there's
    something in the back of my mind telling me that there was a "Blue Lagoon 2"
    or some other sequel. So they had to have lived, right?

    middletree Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: extremely OT

    middletree wrote:

    As far as I recall, they committed suicide. Can't remember why.

    --
    David Powers
    No-nonsense reviews of computer books

    David Guest

  3. #3

    Try here

    http://www.dvdmoviecentral.com/ReviewsText/return_to_the_blue_lagoon.htm

    "middletree" <com> wrote in message
    topic.
    was
    surfed
    then
    2"

    Lynn Guest

  4. #4

    Does this help a little? Found by Googling:

    Editorial Reviews
    Amazon.com
    It took 11 years for the sequel to The Blue Lagoon to materialize. In the
    naturalistic, romanticized world conjured by the films, however, one begins
    where the other ended. Although Emmeline and Richard die at sea, their son
    is rescued by a passing ship and taken in by widowed mother Sarah (Lisa
    Pelikan). When the crew comes down with cholera, Sarah leaves the ship with
    daughter Lilli and Richard Jr. They wash up on a familiar island in the
    South Pacific--the "blue lagoon" of the earlier film. Sarah raises the
    urchins as best she can but sucbs to illness after a few years on the
    island. The story line then echoes that of the original film. The cute kids
    become attractive teenagers (model-turned-actress Milla Jovovich and Brian
    Krause) and friendship turns to wariness, eventually blossoming into love.
    That love is tested when they're--finally--granted the opportunity to return
    to civilization. --Kathleen C. Fennessy

    ~ Bruce

    "middletree" <com> wrote in message
    topic.
    was
    surfed
    then
    2"

    Bruce Guest

  5. #5

    Well, that clears it up. I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about how
    these haracters who I had connected with . . . well, I would have connected
    with them had I known Spanish

    thanks,

    "Lynn M" <com> wrote in message
    > topic. [/ref]
    station
    > was
    > surfed
    > then [/ref]
    ship. [/ref]
    Lagoon

    >[/ref]

    middletree Guest

  6. #6

    :*) * * *

    BR

    "middletree" <com> wrote in message
    news:bg6j1o$e$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    the
    > begins [/ref]
    son
    > with
    > kids [/ref]
    Brian [/ref]
    love.
    > return
    > > topic. [/ref]
    > station [/ref][/ref]

    > > surfed [/ref][/ref]
    boy, [/ref]
    > ship. [/ref][/ref]
    sleeping. [/ref]
    > Lagoon
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Bill Guest

  7. #7

    Why?

    It was because DiCaprio found out that she was actually Brooke Shields....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "David Powers" <com> wrote in message

    > As far as I recall, they committed suicide. Can't remember why.
    >
    > --
    > David Powers
    > No-nonsense reviews of computer books
    > http://japan-interface.co.uk/webdesign/books.html
    > Save 10% on TopStyle CSS Editor

    Murray Guest

  8. #8

    I'm going back someday, come what may, to Blue Bayou.

    Patty

    P@tty Guest

  9. #9

    You prefer the Roy Orbison version or Linda Ronstadt?

    "Ptty *TWB*" <rr.com> wrote in message

    middletree Guest

  10. #10

    I prefer Linda. Saw her perform it live and she was amazing. I've seen her
    twice now...she's got style, baby!

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    For Answers, check here first:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html
    http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase
    http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com

    http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    http://www.dimadesign.net

    >[/ref]

    DiMa Guest

  11. #11

    I don't think I've ever heard the Roy O. version - I'll have to check that
    out.

    Patty

    P@tty Guest

  12. #12

    His was the original. He wrote the song, actually. His version is chilling,
    but Linda's is greatness.

    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    middletree Guest

  13. #13

    I like the O version, but Linda is always tops in my book. Especially with
    Desparados, which the Eagles closed their Farewell 1 concert with in Philly
    earlier this month....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

    "middletree" <com> wrote in message
    chilling, [/ref]
    that

    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  14. #14

    > His was the original. He wrote the song, actually. His version is
    chilling,

    It's actually a really well-written song, I think. I was walking around the
    house singing it after starting this sub-thread, and just noticing how
    gorgeous the melody is, with those hanging major sevenths, and that languid
    tropical beat, and the lyrics, so dreamy and full of longing..

    --
    Ptty Ayers
    http://www.WebDevBiz.com

    P@tty Guest

  15. #15

    with
    Philly

    Sounds like a great time. :-)

  16. #16

    Guys

    We're kind of showing our age here. But I love the Eagles version of it too.

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    www.valleybiz.net

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia
    > with
    > Philly
    >
    > Sounds like a great time. :-)
    >
    > --
    > Ptty Ayers
    > http://www.WebDevBiz.com
    > Professional Web Business Tools:
    > Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet, and more
    > --
    >
    >[/ref]

    Paul Guest

  17. #17

    I like my age. :-)

    Patty

    too.

    P@tty Guest

  18. #18

    not bad !!

    alex
    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message

    A Guest

  19. #19

    It's one of my favourites to sing, too. I sang it 2 years ago at a birthday
    party for a friend of mine from college and got one of my best "reviews" ever
    for it! Thanks Linda! ;)

    DiMa
    --------------------

    > chilling,
    >
    > It's actually a really well-written song, I think. I was walking around the
    > house singing it after starting this sub-thread, and just noticing how
    > gorgeous the melody is, with those hanging major sevenths, and that languid
    > tropical beat, and the lyrics, so dreamy and full of longing..
    >

    > --
    > Ptty Ayers
    > http://www.WebDevBiz.com
    > Professional Web Business Tools:
    > Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet, and more
    > --
    >

    >[/ref]

    DiMa Guest

  20. #20

    I *hate* that song. The restaurant I used to chef in had a piano bar.
    Whenever our regular pianist was out sick, the boss used to let one of
    his mistresses fill. She played by ear and knew only five pieces. That
    was one of them.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    Victoriana | http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm