Professional Web Applications Themes

Extremely Slow Response Times in DWMX - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Is anyone else experiencing unacceptably slow response times for simple actions in DWMX? I mean things like switching tabs or saving files. These actions take 20-30 seconds or more and it seems to be getting worse. I'm on a WinTel machine, plenty fast + lots of RAM. Other apps are no problem but this is getting ridiculous. thanks....

  1. #1

    Default Extremely Slow Response Times in DWMX

    CarbonMan webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Extremely Slow Response Times in DWMX

    I often experience the same problem, I have half a gig of ram and a 2ghz
    machine, occurs most often when the computer has been running other apps or
    I have many doents open in dreamweaver

    "CarbonMan" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone else experiencing unacceptably slow response times for simple
    actions in DWMX?

    > I mean things like switching tabs or saving files. These actions take
    20-30 seconds or more and it seems to be getting worse.

    > I'm on a WinTel machine, plenty fast + lots of RAM. Other apps are no
    problem but this is getting ridiculous.

    > thanks.

    Elliott Guest

  3. #3

    The only difference between SP1 and SP1a is the omission of the Java engine
    from SP1a. Microsoft does not recommend the installation of SP1a if SP1 is
    installed.

    [url]http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default.asp[/url]

    Alan C

    "Wade Halva" <wchalvanoneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message
    > It would be interesting to know if y'all have applied a recommended
    > patch for win2k (if applicable) that addresses Thread conflicts in the
    > GDI that makes the interface slow down.
    > If WinXP, are you on SP1 or SP1A?
    >
    > Just my thoughts,
    > Wade

    sbcGlobal Guest

  4. #4

    When did this W2K patch come out? I've given up trying to keep track of all the patches MS comes up with, so it's doubtful that this was installed.

    Also, are you saying the problem is a conflict between DW and W2K?

    Just fyi, I timed a doent save in DW: 2 minutes! An extreme case (it doesn't always take that long), but still.

    CarbonMan webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    This performance issue is not confined to PCs. I'm on a Mac and have the
    same problem. Everything bogs down quite badly at times. Quitting MX and
    restarting doesn't seem to cure it. Another thing that happens is when I
    edit in design view, the code gets really messed up with large gaps and copy
    wrapping irregularly. It's so bad, I waste a lot of extra time cleaning it
    up in code view. Today I was working on a page and inserted an s after a
    word within a paragraph. In code view, what was a neat 8 lines of text
    between <p> tags suddenly broke apart, adding gaps between words and
    breaking to several more lines. That should not happen! I like to work in
    split window view and go back and forth between the two. I never had these
    issues with either DW3 or UltraDev. Overall, I like MX but this problem
    needs to be addressed as it's is beginning to cost money dealing with its
    bad behavior.

    mark
    > Is anyone else experiencing unacceptably slow response times for simple
    > actions in DWMX?
    >
    > I mean things like switching tabs or saving files. These actions take 20-30
    > seconds or more and it seems to be getting worse.
    >
    > I'm on a WinTel machine, plenty fast + lots of RAM. Other apps are no problem
    > but this is getting ridiculous.
    >
    > thanks.

    Mark Morse Guest