Professional Web Applications Themes

eyedropper sampler reset - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I am converting a color population map of South America to grayscale, collapsing the 10 divisions of color into four levels of gray (since the eye would not be able to distinguish between 10 levels of gray, especially when some of the population levels are single, scattered pixels). I'm using the eyedropper tool and the select color range function. I successfully selected several population levels that I then filled, on a new layer, with the appropriate gray. But when I went to the next series of colors, using the eyedropper, the old eyedropper "crosshairs," numbered one through four, would not ...

  1. #1

    Default eyedropper sampler reset

    I am converting a color population map of South America to grayscale, collapsing the 10 divisions of color into four levels of gray (since the eye would not be able to distinguish between 10 levels of gray, especially when some of the population levels are single, scattered pixels). I'm using the eyedropper tool and the select color range function. I successfully selected several population levels that I then filled, on a new layer, with the appropriate gray. But when I went to the next series of colors, using the eyedropper, the old eyedropper "crosshairs," numbered one through four, would not go away. I kept being given the message that I was only allowed to use four samplers. HOW TO I RESET THE EYEDROPPER SO I HAVE A FRESH FOUR SAMPLERS AVAILABLE?

    I've gone to the paper and on-line manual. No info. I've tried switching tools, then coming back to the eyedropper. The four crosshairs light up again. I've tried moving the crosshairs to new locations on the map. That doesn't get me the colors I want. I've double-clicked and right-clicked the eyedropper, hoping to get an info or tool-setting dialog box. Don't get what I need.
    Susanna Baumgart Guest

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default Re: eyedropper sampler reset

    In the options bar there's a CLEAR button.
    YrbkMgr Guest