Professional Web Applications Themes

F5 vs. F100 - Photography

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:04:28 +0100, T P <tpnospam.com> wrote: >However, for the types of photography I do, and because I rely (for my >livelihood) on people being prepared to pay me, I strongly prefer a >metering system that got it right, say, 85% of the time but which >could be simply and reliably corrected (using exposure compensation) >for almost all of the other 15%. > >That is true of the FA, the F801(s) [N8008(s) in the USA] and the F4. >It is *not* true of any subsequent Nikon AF SLRs and that is the >reason I would always ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: F5 vs. F100

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:04:28 +0100, T P <tpnospam.com> wrote:
    >However, for the types of photography I do, and because I rely (for my
    >livelihood) on people being prepared to pay me, I strongly prefer a
    >metering system that got it right, say, 85% of the time but which
    >could be simply and reliably corrected (using exposure compensation)
    >for almost all of the other 15%.
    >
    >That is true of the FA, the F801(s) [N8008(s) in the USA] and the F4.
    >It is *not* true of any subsequent Nikon AF SLRs and that is the
    >reason I would always choose an earlier model.
    Why can't you just use the regular center-weighted meter? That will
    get it right about 85% of the time, and you can override the rest of
    the time. Or just use the spot meter.
    --

    Pete McCutchen
    Pete McCutchen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: F5 vs. F100

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:44:02 +0100, T P <tpnospam.com> wrote:
    >"Matt Clara" <no.emailzthis.guys.expense> wrote:
    >
    >>So, there were no specific problems, you just sent in your camera for
    >>routine service and the service person said, this lens mount is worn, and
    >>thus replaced it?
    >
    >
    >No, that only happened once. I knew about the others ...
    >
    >... and that exception was the last time I ever sent a
    >camera to that repairer ... first I knew was when I saw
    >the size of the bill!
    >
    >;-)
    I wouldn't have paid for work I hadn't ordered.
    --

    Pete McCutchen
    Pete McCutchen Guest

Similar Threads

  1. [ANN] Acquisition F100.3
    By J.P. Kuypers in forum Mac Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 22nd, 05:55 PM
  2. [ANN] Acquisition F100.2
    By J.P. Kuypers in forum Mac Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 22nd, 04:57 PM
  3. Flash Sync: F100 or F5 with the SB28
    By David in forum Photography
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 14th, 11:08 PM
  4. Nikon F100 battery problems
    By columbotrek in forum Photography
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 16th, 11:27 PM
  5. Digital Pack for Nikon F100
    By AZM in forum Photography
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 15th, 07:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139