Professional Web Applications Themes

Failed to install Flash Player 9 (tn_19167) - Macromedia Flash Player

Suddenly I had a problem with FlashPlayer9 in IE7. In Firefox all still worked fine. Although I tried several things like: regular way of removing flash player within Windows, the Adobe Flash uninstall-tool, 3rd party software-cleaners (CCleaner, ATF-cleaner), un-/re-installing IE7. I keep on getting the "Go to www.adobe.com/go/tn_19167" message. But it all doesn't solve out my problems. I have no idea what this could be at this moment. I don't have strange tools running my system; I use F-Secure AV (for some weeks already, no problems before)....

  1. #1

    Default Failed to install Flash Player 9 (tn_19167)

    Suddenly I had a problem with FlashPlayer9 in IE7. In Firefox all still worked
    fine.
    Although I tried several things like: regular way of removing flash player
    within Windows, the Adobe Flash uninstall-tool, 3rd party software-cleaners
    (CCleaner, ATF-cleaner), un-/re-installing IE7. I keep on getting the "Go to
    www.adobe.com/go/tn_19167" message. But it all doesn't solve out my problems. I
    have no idea what this could be at this moment. I don't have strange tools
    running my system; I use F-Secure AV (for some weeks already, no problems
    before).

    cve1975 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Failed to install Flash Player 9 (tn_19167)

    Just go to adobe.com and install the flash player manually, it will integrate with the IE7 itself.
    johnasu Guest

  3. #3

    Going to Adobe.com doesn't work either. Get failed to install.

    I have tried all the stuff recommended by Adobe, with the exception of this:

    "A damaged Windows system registry or incorrect permissions in the registry
    may prevent Flash Player from installing or registering correctly.

    Symptoms of a damaged registry or incorrect permissions may include:

    * Error during Flash Player installation:
    'Failed to install. For Troubleshooting please see:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166'
    * Flash Player installer finishes with no error, but Flash content cannot
    be viewed in Internet Explorer.
    * Some sites tell you that you do not have the correct version of Flash
    Player, even though you just installed the latest version.
    * Some sites tell you to reinstall Flash Player, but after reinstalling
    the same message occurs.

    Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
    Flash Player installation. For instruction on how to run SubInACL to fix these
    permission issues please refer to "Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix
    permission issues that prevent the Flash Player installation" (TechNote
    fb1634cb)."

    I apparently don't have the folder they say to install this in. Nothing I
    have tried works.

    Ruth Guest

  4. #4

    I am having the same exact problem. Everything was working fine and then all
    of a sudden it won't work and won't install properly. I made no changes to my
    system and didn't download or install any new programs that would cause this
    problem. Is there someone out there that can help us with this issue?

    joyful2 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Ruth,

    The number one reason that the ActiveX installer fails to install on IE are
    due to incorrect permissions in the system registry. We have solved hundreds of
    these Windows system permissions with Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Note: This is strictly for Windows IE, these issues do not occur on other
    browsers such as Firefox.

    www.firefox.com

    To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use
    Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing
    or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage
    which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not
    comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If
    you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system
    backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding.

    Please download Microsoft?s tool to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system registy

    2. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop

    3. Close out all applications

    4. Run the ?reset.cmd? file

    5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys

    6. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?

    7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  6. #6

    Finally! Thanks! It works, at last! I really think this answer should be on the support-site!
    cve1975 Guest

  7. #7

    Hi cve1975,

    I?m glad to hear this worked for you. This solution is also posted on the
    Adobe Support Site under the Top Ten issues.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

    "Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
    Flash Player installation"

    http://www.adobe.com/go/fb1634cb

    Darren Guest

  8. #8

    i am also having this issue on my macbook.

    earlier my son and i were on the nickjr.com page. he wanted to play the dora
    candyland game.

    it said it needed a plug in and to "click here" to install. so i did.

    i d/l'd flash 9. tried to install it.... it pops up the adobe page and then i
    see little puzzle pieces saying i need a plug in. so i click that and it says
    that adobe flash failed. and to "click here" to manually install.

    i keep doing everything it says... and now none of the applications requiring
    flash work. :((((

    i have spent 4 hours trying to fix this. nothing.

    nford0 Guest

  9. #9

    On Apr 24, 1:38pm, "Darren McNally - Adobe"
    <com> wrote:

    Thank You!! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I thought it was only me and
    my limited computer knowledge that was causing the problem. I tried
    your solution and IT WORKED!!! I am definitely NOT a
    "professional" (as you directions indicate might be needed) so I would
    suggest to other novices to carefully follow the above directions and
    it will WORK!! I am now enjoying pictures and animation in my emails
    --
    kschnidler@yahoo.com Guest