Professional Web Applications Themes

Failed to load - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Thank you for viewing this post, any information is greatly appreciated. When trying to connect to my flv file via rtmp and F8 components, I get a "failed to load" message. I have tried just about everything. The funny thing is in the administration console it picks it up as a connection, but on my end nothing registers. The FMS server is located as a stand-alone server where its only function is to run FMS. Its run on a W2k3 server. I am running a separate apache web server for the swf files. I have dug for hours on this ...

  1. #1

    Default Failed to load

    Thank you for viewing this post, any information is greatly appreciated.

    When trying to connect to my flv file via rtmp and F8 components, I get a
    "failed to load" message. I have tried just about everything. The funny thing
    is in the administration console it picks it up as a connection, but on my end
    nothing registers. The FMS server is located as a stand-alone server where its
    only function is to run FMS. Its run on a W2k3 server. I am running a separate
    apache web server for the swf files.

    I have dug for hours on this issue and have found very little doentation on
    this, and the doentation that I have found seems bloated, hard to read and
    understand, and doesn't pertain to my simple issues.

    Anyhow, any help would really be nice. I've already gone through 1 keyboard
    today.

    Thanks.

    webp0ser Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Failed to load

    It sounds to me like you're trying to load an application that doesn't exist. Are you sure the name of the application and the name you are using in your rtmp string are the same?
    JayCharles Guest

  3. #3

    JayCharles,
    Thank you for your response. The two files are named correctly. I triple
    checked that. I have seen in sample applications a folder structure like this:
    applications>streams>_definst. I have placed the flv files in each folder with
    the same result.

    BTW, I checked out your site, and tried out the video post card deal. It
    wasn't working for me. Very cool though. I will be trying something like that
    soon on a project that I am working on.

    Anyhow, any other suggestions or questions?

    webp0ser Guest

  4. #4

    Hmm... are you using the communication components, or one of the flv playback
    components? I don't use MM's prebuilt components often, but I seem to remember
    readng something about the FLV playback component requiring a SMIL file.

    About the downtime on my e-card app... I was making some changes to my
    development server and it was down for a while this evening. It should be
    working properly now.

    JayCharles Guest

  5. #5

    I am using the FLV playback component.
    webp0ser Guest

  6. #6

    After much trouble, I finally figured out what was going on. You need the main.asc file inside the instance folder on the server.
    webp0ser Guest

  7. #7

    Read this: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=d244749e[/url]
    I tried this method handreds times. Even I correct some tag closing in the
    simil exemple. Anyone seems to work and I wonder if there is a real method to
    streaming video via FLVPlayback.

    Folok Guest

  8. #8

    Folok -
    I did get it to work finally - even using the FLV playback component. I
    didn't even use the SMIL file which is weird. You also might try the flvplayer
    ( there are a few) [url]http://www.peldi.com/blog/archives/flvplayer/index.html[/url].
    You should also download this test app, and test it out in your IDE to go over
    your settings.
    [url]ftp://ftp://ftp2.allaire.com/support/wchoi/temp[/url].

    Also, if you are using Windows 2003 and IIS, check out tech note 19439:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19439[/url].

    Also, I was looking for this and couldnt find it. Here is the appropriatrae
    file structure that should be used in your applications directory in FMS2:
    macromedia
    - Flash Media Server 2
    --applications
    --- appName (inside this place your main.asc file)
    ---- streams (inside this folder, you put your instance name - the
    default is _definst_)
    ----- _definst_ (inside this folder, place your FLV file)

    if you make changes to the file structure, be sure to restart your FMS server.
    I really hope this helps. I promise you that it is working for me and am now
    up and running smoothly - even using the FLVPlayback component.

    Another thing that I should mention, I had errors in the IDE when I had a few
    things selected in the component inspector. First, in the contentPath option,
    a little box comes up to enter in your path, make sure that nothing is checked.
    Second, set autoSize to false. Getting that to work is another story I hear.

    I also found this article helpful. This shows you how to not use the
    FLVplayback component, but a video object. I actually migrated to using this
    for a few things because of the bandwidth issues and the "supposed" instant on
    playing that FMS was supposed to do. On a side note, more often than not, I
    had better, more solid video with progressive download vs. the streaming.
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flashcom/articles/flvideo_bandwidth.html[/url]

    webp0ser Guest