Professional Web Applications Themes

fancy drop down menu? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Can Dreamweaver MX create fancy drop down menu's? I would like my existing tables I created to be viewed through a drop down list. This would keep people from having to scroll down, just becomes too messy after a couple of tables. I know Dreamweaver can do a lot of things, and am hoping this is one of them. Can Dreamweaver MX accomplish this task? If so, how?...

  1. #1

    Default fancy drop down menu?

    Can Dreamweaver MX create fancy drop down menu's? I would like my existing tables I created to be viewed through a drop down list. This would keep people from having to scroll down, just becomes too messy after a couple of tables. I know Dreamweaver can do a lot of things, and am hoping this is one of them. Can Dreamweaver MX accomplish this task? If so, how?

    quickhelp Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: fancy drop down menu?

    quick:

    You want your tables to be viewed through a drop-down list? Sorry but I
    don't have a good idea what you mean here. Can you give me an example?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "quickhelp" <com> wrote in message
    existing tables I created to be viewed through a drop down list. This would
    keep people from having to scroll down, just becomes too messy after a
    couple of tables. I know Dreamweaver can do a lot of things, and am hoping
    this is one of them. Can Dreamweaver MX accomplish this task? If so, how?

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Hey Murray, yeah I have four tables on one of my pages, and now customers have to scroll down a bit to view the content. I was wondering is there was an easy way to have them view the tables without scrolling too much, either by mouseover or menu list. Does Dreamweaver have instructions on whatever you suggest? Thanks for any guidance you give

    quickhelp Guest

  4. #4

    quick:

    I'm still not really sure what you want but it sounds like named anchors
    might do the trick.

    Then you would have a list like -

    Table1 | Table2 | Table3 | Table4

    and when you click on any of these it scrolls the page to the proper point.
    Check DMX's F1 help for Named Anchors to see how to do them.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  5. #5

    What if there was a navigational bar on top, and when the user clicks one of the buttons, a certain section of the page changes to display that table? Is this easy to do? I've seen it done on some sights, it looks really nice and easy to navigate, I just don't know what you call this?

    quickhelp Guest

  6. #6

    quick:

    It is simple to do on a data-driven site with server code. It is impossible
    (relatively speaking) to do with HTML. You could use CSS with display:none
    and some style switching javascript, but I doubt that you would have much
    luck with implementation.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  7. #7

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:01:52 -0400, "Murray *TMM*"
    <com> wrote:

    Hmmm... what about putting each table into a layer and using show/hide
    layer to display them?

    Gary
    Gary Guest

  8. #8

    Gary:

    What - you getting simple and obvious on me? Huh?

    Quickhelp:

    Uhh - DUH!

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources

    "Gary White" <please> wrote in message
    news:com... [/ref]
    impossible [/ref]
    display:none

    > Hmmm... what about putting each table into a layer and using show/hide
    > layer to display them?
    >

    > Gary[/ref]

    Murray Guest