Professional Web Applications Themes

Fatal Exception - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I'm a new guy here. I downloaded and installed some Plug-ins from exchange. I've installed about five plug-ins i guess. Now, everytime I'm opening Dreamweaver, a message box appears saying it encountered a fatal expection... Help me out here. Thanks in advance. ------------------ nssolution...

  1. #1

    Default Fatal Exception

    I'm a new guy here. I downloaded and installed some Plug-ins from exchange. I've installed about five plug-ins i guess.

    Now, everytime I'm opening Dreamweaver, a message box appears saying it encountered a fatal expection...

    Help me out here.

    Thanks in advance.

    ------------------
    nssolution
    stepjenk webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fatal Exception

    "stepjenk" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote in
    > I'm a new guy here. I downloaded and installed some Plug-ins from
    > exchange. I've installed about five plug-ins i guess.
    >
    > Now, everytime I'm opening Dreamweaver, a message box appears saying
    > it encountered a fatal expection...
    >
    > Help me out here.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Best thing is to go into Extension Manager and disable all the new
    extensions. Then enable them one at a time until you find the culprit.

    --
    Steve
    Hong Kong

  3. #3

    Gary,

    Thanks. Ive uninstalled everything. the extensions i mean, but still it wont work. Oh well, I guess i just have to reinstall mr. dreamweaver.

    you're right about the compatibility though... maybe i was just too excited with the freeware in exchange.

    thanks again.

    John

    ------------------

  4. #4

    step:

    When you come back from the reinstallation, if you are still having
    problems, please answer these questions -

    0. What is your version of Dreamweaver? And when you right click on the DW
    executable, what is the build number you see in the properties panel?
    1. What is your OS?
    2. What is your AntiVirus?
    3. Is your AntiVirus doing realtime protection?
    4. What is your Firewall?
    5. What other background programs are running?
    6. What extensions do you have installed?
    7. Where are your 'local' files? Are they on a network shared drive?
    8. Have you ever been able to run DMX or is this a recent failure?
    9. Does this only seem to happen with certain files/sites?
    10. Does recreating the site cache (SITE | Recreate Site Cache) help?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "stepjenk" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Gary,
    >
    > Thanks. Ive uninstalled everything. the extensions i mean, but still it
    wont work. Oh well, I guess i just have to reinstall mr. dreamweaver.

    > you're right about the compatibility though... maybe i was just too
    excited with the freeware in exchange.

    > thanks again.
    >
    > John
    >
    > ------------------
    > nssolution

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:58:28 +0000 (UTC), "stepjenk"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >Thanks. Ive uninstalled everything. the extensions i mean, but still
    >it wont work. Oh well, I guess i just have to reinstall mr.
    >dreamweaver.
    If it's not too late, there is one more thing you could try before
    re-installing. You could rename your configuration folder. That would
    force DW to create a new one with default values.

    >you're right about the compatibility though... maybe i was just too
    >excited with the freeware in exchange.
    Free is fine, but be careful. ;-)

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  6. #6

    0. What is your version of Dreamweaver? And when you right click on the DW
    executable, what is the build number you see in the properties panel?
    --- Are you asking what's the value of my Private Build Decription?

    1. What is your OS?
    --- Windows 2000

    2. What is your AntiVirus?
    --- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition

    3. Is your AntiVirus doing realtime protection?
    --- YES

    4. What is your Firewall?
    --- BlackIce

    5. What other background programs are running?
    --- Nothing much really. Flash most of the time.

    6. What extensions do you have installed?
    --- Most of the Freeware in Exchange.

    7. Where are your 'local' files? Are they on a network shared drive?
    --- They're not in a network shared drive. My local files is in the same drive where DMX is

    8. Have you ever been able to run DMX or is this a recent failure?
    --- Yes, this was just a recent failure.

    9. Does this only seem to happen with certain files/sites?
    --- I wouldn't really know... I was installing some extensions, the next thing my DMX wouldnt open.

    10. Does recreating the site cache (SITE | Recreate Site Cache) help?
    --- I'll get back to you on tht.

    ------------------

  7. #7

    step:

    --- Are you asking what's the value of my Private Build Decription?

    I'm asking for the File Version that is shown on the Version Tab of the
    Property Panel.
    > 3. Is your AntiVirus doing realtime protection?
    > --- YES
    Please exclude the Macromedia Folder hierarchy from your scan.
    > 6. What extensions do you have installed?
    > --- Most of the Freeware in Exchange.
    Many (if not most) of these are not DMX compatible. You will need to
    disable them all, and try to reproduce your crash with no extensions
    enabled. Then you should verify version and compatibility with EACH
    extension before reenabling it. Sorry about that.
    > 8. Have you ever been able to run DMX or is this a recent failure?
    > --- Yes, this was just a recent failure.
    That's a clue. What extensions have you recently installed?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > 0. What is your version of Dreamweaver? And when you right click on the DW
    > executable, what is the build number you see in the properties panel?
    > --- Are you asking what's the value of my Private Build Decription?
    >
    > 1. What is your OS?
    > --- Windows 2000
    >
    > 2. What is your AntiVirus?
    > --- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition
    >
    > 3. Is your AntiVirus doing realtime protection?
    > --- YES
    >
    > 4. What is your Firewall?
    > --- BlackIce
    >
    > 5. What other background programs are running?
    > --- Nothing much really. Flash most of the time.
    >
    > 6. What extensions do you have installed?
    > --- Most of the Freeware in Exchange.
    >
    > 7. Where are your 'local' files? Are they on a network shared drive?
    > --- They're not in a network shared drive. My local files is in the same
    drive where DMX is

    > 8. Have you ever been able to run DMX or is this a recent failure?
    > --- Yes, this was just a recent failure.
    >
    > 9. Does this only seem to happen with certain files/sites?
    > --- I wouldn't really know... I was installing some extensions, the next
    thing my DMX wouldnt open.

    > 10. Does recreating the site cache (SITE | Recreate Site Cache) help?
    > --- I'll get back to you on tht.

    > nssolution

    Murray *TMM* Guest