Professional Web Applications Themes

Features in Director11 - Disappointment - Macromedia Director 3D

NO FLV direct importing. NO DirectX9 features (what the F...!) NO 3D new features. NO serious doentation and tutorials on new Phisic engine. ...and more, add your comment and request! Director11 is NOT A SERIOUS update, we need more, Adobe! We need an answer to our questions from some Adobe Manager!! ..sorry for my english......

  1. #1

    Default Features in Director11 - Disappointment

    NO FLV direct importing.
    NO DirectX9 features (what the F...!)
    NO 3D new features.
    NO serious doentation and tutorials on new Phisic engine.
    ...and more, add your comment and request!

    Director11 is NOT A SERIOUS update, we need more, Adobe!
    We need an answer to our questions from some Adobe Manager!!

    ..sorry for my english...

    npzzz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Features in Director11 - Disappointment

    Features in Director11 - Disappointment
    is Adobe Director11 a waste of money?

    yes. at least for me.

    after all this is more than disappointing and i'm not gonna waste even 1 cent
    for this.
    besides the fact that i don't have any confidence in this product / adobe
    anymore...

    :brokenheart;

    66mrbd7 Guest

  3. #3

    [q]Originally posted by: 66mrbd7
    Features in Director11 - Disappointment
    is Adobe Director11 a waste of money?

    yes. at least for me.

    after all this is more than disappointing and i'm not gonna waste even 1 cent
    for this.
    besides the fact that i don't have any confidence in this product / adobe
    anymore...

    :brokenheart;[/q]

    D11 is a minor update, not a major upgrade.
    Adobe had to resurrect the forgotten D8.5 (thanks to Macromedia and their
    "clever" marketing moves).
    Adobe promised a major 3D engine upgrade in the upcoming D12.
    You shoud give them a chance. Probably the last one ...

    cheers

    necromanthus Guest

  4. #4

    We wait a major update for at least 4 years...All developers know what would be fine (a serious advanced) or not. Adobe must put efford to surprise me cos D11 musn't.
    We think twice?
    mpulido1973 Guest

  5. #5

    This is a disaster, look at unity 3d. It's clearly vastly superior when it
    comes to browser based 3D content.

    Anyone there at Adobe want to comment on the 200 year old 3d Director is
    currently sporting?

    Zante2033 Guest

  6. #6

    I agree with Necromanthus here. It is indeed a minor upgrade, but it is an
    upgrade nonetheless! I am actually quite happy and exited with this new
    version.

    About the remarks of the topic starter. It was clear from the start that there
    weren't any major 3d improvements. There are some small ones though (i.e. i am
    very happy with the saveWorld option) and updating to directx9 for future
    improvements is already a great move IMO.

    About the new physic engine: after some playing around it looks remarkably
    similar to Havok and I could some of my work without any major problems. There
    is enough (havok) doentation and samples to help you on your way.

    PpHammer Guest

  7. #7

    It is not the same as havok Have you tried making a moveable concave rigid body?
    KingDruid Guest

  8. #8

    Yes, I have and no unfortunately you can't. Furthermore you can't give each
    model it's own callback handler just like havoks registerinterest method. which
    is a bummer as well. However, the statements made by the OP we're based on lack
    of doentation & tutorials. I just finished porting a complex physics based
    game from havok to ageia. I could almost re-use all of the code and took only
    about an hour or so. I haven't even taken a closer look at optimizing it, but
    even now the results are far more superior (faster and more stable) than havok.
    Once again the current havok samples, demos & docs are great for using the new
    physics engine.

    PpHammer Guest

  9. #9

    I understand what your saying. I just wanted to point out because of the lack
    in features, The new physics engine is worse then Havok, even though it makes
    it faster, some games can't be ported over because of the lack in features.

    KingDruid Guest

  10. #10

    I'm hoping that D11 will turn out to be a sort of ongoing project for Adobe,
    where they spend the next year or so updating it, establishing a solid platform
    for future version releases to build upon.

    That might explain why Adobe hasn't promoted D11. They know it's pretty much
    a turd in and of itself, but it's a turd that has a future.

    MartyPlumbo Guest

  11. #11

    I hope so, this release was kinda disappointing.
    KingDruid Guest

  12. #12

    Unity is coming to windows, they're hiring GUI experts now to get the job done.
    In the meantime, I bought a mac mini so I could mess around with it. I don't
    have time for Adobe if they're not going to take this seriously.

    Zante2033 Guest

  13. #13

    It is interesting that in the same week that Adobe quietly released a new
    version of Director that is arguably plagued with problems and disappointments,
    Unity announced upcoming support for the iPhone.

    I wonder if Director will ever support the iPhone?

    I wonder if Director will ever support most of its stated functionality in
    unbroken form?

    MartyPlumbo Guest

  14. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator