Professional Web Applications Themes

FH MX 10.0.2 Updater does not seem to work - Macromedia Freehand

Hi There, I am trying to update my current freehand mx installation. but I do have some serius problems with it. first of all I am not sure which version I am using. What I did so far is - I have been looking for an update form 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. On the Website it is asking me for the serial number and tells me seconds later that the product is already registered. That is true but I doi not get any updater. Looking at the infos over freehand just tells me that I am using version 11.0 build 438 ...

  1. #1

    Default FH MX 10.0.2 Updater does not seem to work

    Hi There,

    I am trying to update my current freehand mx installation. but I do have some
    serius problems with it.

    first of all I am not sure which version I am using. What I did so far is - I
    have been looking for an update form 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. On the Website it is
    asking me for the serial number and tells me seconds later that the product is
    already registered. That is true but I doi not get any updater. Looking at
    the infos over freehand just tells me that I am using version 11.0 build 438

    trying the updater from 11.0.1 to 11.0.2 (just assuming that I might run
    already 11.0.1) does not help. the updater stopps after searching the volume
    and tells me that it could not find the freend mx file. Well - the file is
    there. for security I have copied the freehand mx.app into the application
    folder out of the sub folder but it still could not find it.

    Any suggestions?

    The reason for the update is that freehand mx, and 10 always crash when they
    supposed to print on my canon i6500. My fonts are correct, all images as well
    (there are in cmyk). I have no idea what I should do. the page will be
    printed - so freehand successfully spools the job to the printer but as soon
    this is finished it does crash.

    system: os x.3.3
    g5, 2gb memory

    best regards
    gunnar

    ps

    I have attached the crash log

    Deep Blue See Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: FH MX 10.0.2 Updater does not seem to work

    I assume you own the software and registered it. If you dont then the
    updater wont work as the updater checks your registration.

    Regards

    Nigel Stutt
    Web Site Designer

    Email: [email]nstuttnstutt.freeserve.co.uk[/email]
    Web: [url]http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk[/url]

    "Deep Blue See" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi There,
    >
    > I am trying to update my current freehand mx installation. but I do have
    some
    > serius problems with it.
    >
    > first of all I am not sure which version I am using. What I did so far
    is - I
    > have been looking for an update form 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. On the Website it
    is
    > asking me for the serial number and tells me seconds later that the
    product is
    > already registered. That is true but I doi not get any updater. Looking
    at
    > the infos over freehand just tells me that I am using version 11.0 build
    438

    > trying the updater from 11.0.1 to 11.0.2 (just assuming that I might run
    > already 11.0.1) does not help. the updater stopps after searching the
    volume
    > and tells me that it could not find the freend mx file. Well - the file
    is
    > there. for security I have copied the freehand mx.app into the
    application
    > folder out of the sub folder but it still could not find it.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > The reason for the update is that freehand mx, and 10 always crash when
    they
    > supposed to print on my canon i6500. My fonts are correct, all images as
    well
    > (there are in cmyk). I have no idea what I should do. the page will be
    > printed - so freehand successfully spools the job to the printer but as
    soon
    > this is finished it does crash.
    >
    > system: os x.3.3
    > g5, 2gb memory
    >
    > best regards
    > gunnar
    >
    > ps
    >
    > I have attached the crash log

    Nats Guest

  3. #3

    yes - I do own the software. no problem in here. te thing is that I do not know which version do I have and how the update gets to work.

    cheers
    gunnar
    deep blue see II Guest

  4. #4

    When you boot FH, look on the intro blurb screen with the FHMX logo etc., and you'll see the version number at about 1/5th level to the right with eyes peeled. Or else go Help>About FH...
    Dr.Suum Guest

  5. #5

    I just ran across this same issue. I had Freehand MX installed and then tried
    to install the 11.0.2 updater. I had to first install MXa before I could
    install 11.0.2.

    I received the same error that Freehand MX wasn't installed (our couldn't be
    found).

    Michael Guest

  6. #6

    Default great -

    but where did you get the mxa updater from?
    deepbluesea Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: great -

    We have a subscription to much of Macromedia's software, so they sent us a CD
    with MXa on it. In your case, I would suggest you call their support and ask
    for more information. I don't know if MXa is a paid upgrade to MX or not.

    Michael Guest