Professional Web Applications Themes

FH MX - Panther - memory message - missing tool bar items - Macromedia Freehand

Hello FH users, I am running two G4 500's with 756 megs ram on OS X.3.1 (panther) I have had numerous memory messages when zooming in and out doents and have been through the forums here and found out a few things. Many user had had results by converting text to curve, but the issue goes deeper here I find. When I convert to curve and stroke the outline all hell breaks loose, firstly the outline changes to a chunky simple outline that drops most of its points, then I get that dreaded memory message when I zoom in and ...

  1. #1

    Default FH MX - Panther - memory message - missing tool bar items

    Hello FH users,

    I am running two G4 500's with 756 megs ram on OS X.3.1 (panther)

    I have had numerous memory messages when zooming in and out doents and have been through the forums here and found out a few things. Many user had had results by converting text to curve, but the issue goes deeper here I find.

    When I convert to curve and stroke the outline all hell breaks loose, firstly the outline changes to a chunky simple outline that drops most of its points, then I get that dreaded memory message when I zoom in and out, not to mention having a few tool menu items just disappear (different ones every time). If I ungroup the grouped text, I can then stroke and zoom all I want, without the memory message. What a pain in the neck for such a simple, but needed effect.

    Scott

    grafix01 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    grafix01 wrote:
    > I am running two G4 500's with 756 megs ram on OS X.3.1 (panther)
    >
    > I have had numerous memory messages when zooming in and out doents and have
    > been through the forums here and found out a few things. Many user had had
    > results by converting text to curve, but the issue goes deeper here I find.
    Yes, the combination of FHMXa, Panther, Postscript fonts and outlined or
    rotated text blocks trigger these memory redraw messages.
    > When I convert to curve and stroke the outline all hell breaks loose, firstly
    > the outline changes to a chunky simple outline that drops most of its points,
    > then I get that dreaded memory message when I zoom in and out, not to mention
    > having a few tool menu items just disappear (different ones every time). If I
    > ungroup the grouped text, I can then stroke and zoom all I want, without the
    > memory message. What a pain in the neck for such a simple, but needed effect.
    Your chunky outline is the result of applying the stroke to the group level
    instead of the path level. There's no need to ungroup before applying a
    stroke. Select the text-converted-to outlines, then Subselect until you see
    the fill showing in object inspector. Apply stroke via the object inspector.

    Set up a keyboard shortcut for Subselect. You'll be needing it constantly to
    drill down to path level in FHMXa.

    Judy Arndt

    --
    FHMX, Mac G4, OS 10.3 (Panther)

    Judy Arndt Guest

  3. #3

    Judy Arndt wrote:
    > Yes, the combination of FHMXa, Panther, Postscript fonts and outlined or
    > rotated text blocks trigger these memory redraw messages.
    Sorry, that should read "... outlined text or rotated text blocks ..."

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest