Our environment uses IIS, windows 2003, and windows 2000/xp clients. Our power
users have DreamWeaver and our standard users have Contribute. Contribute and
Dreamweaver users access their website for editing through a file share and
publish the sites with FTP. At random times, individual file attributes will
get marked as read-only. Users call in and we uncheck the file attribute.

I understand that the users could uncheck this attribute, but before we ask
them to do that, I'd like to know if anyone has run into this issue, why it
happens, and if there is any way to prevent it.

thanks for your help