No. And why would you want it or expect it to? Dreamweaver will only update
files that are associated with templates (.dwt extension) in a folder called
Templates in the root of the defined site.

If you are trying to do something else you need to understand the template
workflow and how they are used. There's no better place to learn more than
here:

[url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com/tutorials/index.cfm[/url]

--
Kim Cavanaugh, author
Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
"ddreamweaver" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
> If I base a new page on a template from a site definition outside the site
I'm working in (when you do File -> New, you can base the file on a template
from any site you have defined), will the file get updated when I update the
template, even though the file is in a different site definition?