I'm trying to set up my Beige G3 Mac as a wireless AppleTalk server. In order
to join an existing Wireless network, I am attempting to use the Belkin F5D6050
Wireless USB Adapter.

My first problem was getting the Belkin setup utility to see the adapter. That
was accomplished by replacing the USB Device Extension from OS 9.2.2 with an
earlier version.

The adapter works partly. It is possible to see another Mac that has file
sharing turned on, and to mount it on the G3. My problem is that File Sharing
never completes startup on the G3, and never shows up in the chooser of the
other machine on the wireless network. I'm worried that the Belkin driver may
have damaged the Mac's file sharing system.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

Fred