Professional Web Applications Themes

file size - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

About five times more, roughly....

  1. #21

    Default Re: File Size

    About five times more, roughly.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #22

    If they're just proofs, PDF them.
    graffiti Guest

  3. #23

    Of course, make sure you are compressing the image data when you save the file (in TIFF, ZIP is best compression, but not as compatible with other applications).

    3x4" 300 ppi 8 bits/channel CMYK == 4.3 Meg uncompressed
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #24

    If they're just proofs, PDF them.

    Like graffiti said, if all you are sending is something for them to preview on their monitor, there is no reason to send them all the data.

    Provided that they understand that the file you send it ONLY for proofing purposes.

    Just send them enough pixels to fill the screen nicely and in RGB (which will save file size).

    I they are the same people that need to print the file, or redistribute it to a printer, well, that is a different story.
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #25

    John,

    More concise than that there's nothing.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #26

    Ok you guys. Thanks for your help.
    Kim_Lucich@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #27

    Default File size

    How do I obtain file size of specific doents and output it dynamically
    without using CFDIRECTORY tag and NOT comparing each file from the list with
    the files in the SELECT query ? I would like to output only the file sizes from
    my SELECT query, but I dont need the whole directory list because I have too
    many doents to list and compare which slows down the server.:lips;

    ColdFusion007 Guest

  8. #28

    Hmmm, that's usually the way I would do it. Any file manipulation I do usually
    runs through a database. As a result, I just query the information I want out
    of a database. One real funky kludge you could try to to allow directory
    indexing on the webserver, than to a cfhttp get to the directory index and
    p the results.

    Or (this is probably the way I would do it) you could create a script in
    another language and use cfexecute. I'd typically use PERL for this since it's
    really good with directory and file manipulation.

    Hope this helps.

    Mike Greider Guest

  9. #29

    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you could create a java File
    object to get the length. Something like the following:

    <cfscript>
    myFile = CreateObject("java", "java.io.File");
    myFile.init("C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\tests\my.cfm");
    </cfscript>

    <cfset fileLength = myFile.length()>

    <cfdump var="#fileLength#">

    HTH
    Ted Zimmerman

    tzimmerman Guest

  10. #30

    Thx a lot Ted. This is what I was looking for. It works fine now and very fast.
    :beer;
    ColdFusion007 Guest

  11. #31

    If a webcam is used to stream video to FMS2, is the data encoded as flash video
    server-side or client side? In other words, if the Flash Player Settings
    Manager is used to take control of the camera, does the data stream as raw
    uncompressed video, is it encoded by the client's settings or is it streamed as
    an flv?

    ayton9 Guest

  12. #32

    Flash player encodes input from camera using Sorenson spark codec and
    it is streamed as FLV. I am not very certain whether user has any
    control over the encoder settings. you may want to go through Flash 8,
    CS3 help doentations.

    -
    fmslove@gmail.com Guest

  13. #33

    Specifically, if anything is rasterized. Vector images and text will probably not affect your file size at all from from low to high resolution, since they technically have no resolution.
    jonf@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12