Howdy all,
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. File transfer fails
(times-out) with AIM 4.6. We can't send or receive files at all. All
other aspects of internet usage, email, browsing, newgroups,
downloading, etc, work perfectly.

The router is a Linksys BEFW11S4 running firmware version 1.45.3 (the
most recent). I have three Macs running OS 10.2.6, 10.1.5, and 9.2.2.
The OS 10.x Macs have Airport cards with the 802.11b protocol and the
other Mac is connected via ethernet. File transfers fail whether the
connection is wireless or cable. If I connect my Macs with my other
Linksys router, a BEFXS41 (not wireless), file transferring via AIM 4.6
is fine. The setups between the two routers is virtually identical with
the exception of some basic security for the wireless.

I've talked to Linksys support but unfortunately they don't seem to
understand what the problem is. I've emailed them as well but haven't
received a response.

Obviously my understanding of wireless configuring needs to be improved
but I'd really appreciate any help from any of you who are more adept
at it than I. I'm not a fan of AIM but the kids are, so I'm asking for
guidance. Thanks.

--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bull before.

My address has been anti-spammed.
Please reply to: [email]scasseinvalid.net[/email] replacing the invalid with sonic.