Hello:

We are building an application that runs from a CD-ROM, but within browser
windows. I need to allow the user to copy multiple files from the CD-ROM to
their hard drive.

I have read all the posts I can find about Shockwave, FileIO, and accessing
the user's filesystem - it seemingly is not possible (and I understand the
reasoning behind it).

BUT I have a CD-ROM in front of me which does EXACTLY what I am trying to
do. It runs in a browser and has a .dcr file in it with a button which
allows the user to choose a folder and then copies multiple files to that
folder. I don't know if it helps, but the CD does contain a dswmedia folder
(though the copied files do not reside in this folder) and the following
Xtras in an Xtras folder: fileIO, Jpegimp, Mix32, mixview, and viewsvc.
There is also a .dxr file in the root of the CD-ROM.

Does anyone have any idea how this is done?

Thanks,

Ed