Remote Hosts is used for gaining acess to the files from outside the LAN.
FMS listens through port 5003, and thus that port must be available to the
'public' IP address. If you are using a router and NAT, you can use port
forwarding to expose the port to the outside.

Port 591 is used as alternative to port 80 for HTTP requests. If you mean
that you want to serve files to the web, then you need Filemaker Unlimited,
not Filemaker Server (unless you also need to serve them across a LAN). In
that case, you would either use port 80, or, if you want to use port 591,
your URL's will need the port number after a colon, i.e.,
[url]http://Your_URL:591[/url].

--
John Weinshel
Datagrace