I connected to my remote folder on my web server and synchronized the local
view with the remote view. this worked fine.

The problem is that the local view does not show the files as read-only (nor
does it in the windows explorer window). Yet I do have checkin/checkout set
for the site.

When I open a file the first time, it doesn't show as checked out, either.
Also, there is no .LCK file on the remote server. When I Checkin the file,
it now shows as read-only. The next time I open the file, it shows the
check mark (checked out) and there is a .LCK file in the remote folder.

When I copied everything over why didn't it set the files as readonly?

Thanks,

Tom