Professional Web Applications Themes

Fill an object with a picture? - Macromedia Freehand

I am pretty sure this is possible but I haven't been able to find anything.. How can I fill an object... let say a square with a image file? Thanks Brook...

  1. #1

    Default Fill an object with a picture?

    I am pretty sure this is possible but I haven't been able to find anything..

    How can I fill an object... let say a square with a image file?

    Thanks Brook

    ebeard Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fill an object with a picture?

    Do you mean pasting an image inside a square? If so,

    1) Position your image file over the square.
    2) Cut the image: command-x (Mac) , or control-x (Windows)
    3) Select square.
    4) Paste inside: command-shift-v (Mac), or control -shift-v (Windows)

    To take image out of square, or cut contents: 1) select square 2)
    command-shift-x (Mac), or control-shift-x (Windows)

    If this wasn't what you wanted and you already knew this you've just made me
    look foolish.:) In that case, you'd have to be more specific or provide more
    information.

    Hope this helps.

    macletosh Guest

  3. #3

    this was exactly what I was looking for... but is there a way to paste more that one image within an object?

    Brook
    ebeard Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you very much for the suggestion / tip...

    Brook
    ebeard Guest

  5. #5

    Originally posted by: ebeard
    this was exactly what I was looking for... but is there a way to paste more
    that one image within an object?

    Sure. You can paste a whole bunch of things inside an object. You can
    position them all at once -- as per macletosh's instructions -- or do them one
    at a time.

    Wes Guest

  6. #6

    I tried to "paste" my image inside my object, but it pasted in an awkward poistion.

    can I choose to " fill" my object with my image paste?

    Brook
    ebeard Guest

  7. #7

    "can I choose to " fill" my object with my image paste?"

    I don't know exactly what you mean by that but if you're trying to say that
    you want to move the object that's already pasted inside, use your selection
    tool and hold down the option key (Mac) or alt key (Windows) and select the
    image within the square and then you can freely move the object around inside
    the square. You can even enlarge or distort the image while it's pasted inside
    the square.

    macletosh Guest

  8. #8

    ok... so I was able to move the image around, however it doesn't remain
    constrained within the object lines like I am wanting it too...

    I can copy /paste the image within the object, but then when I move the
    object it moves outside the lines of the object...

    Any ideas?

    Brook

    ebeard Guest

  9. #9

    I think what may be happening is that you're still holding down the option key
    while moving the image and that creates a duplicate of the image, which moves
    outside the box. After you option-select the image, let go of the option key.
    The image will remain selected and you can move it around.

    You can also "paste inside" an image into two separate shapes. Create two
    shapes, maybe a box and a circle, and keep them apart from each. Select both
    shapes and press command-J (Mac) or control-J (Windows). Position your image
    over the two shapes, cut the image, select the joined shapes, and then paste
    inside.

    macletosh Guest

  10. #10

    ebeard wrote:

    Go to your Transform/Move panel and check the 'contents' checkbox.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  11. #11

    ebeard wrote:

    I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. Do you mean you want the image
    that you pasted inside to stay inside the clipping object? Or do you
    mean that when you move the clipping object that the pasted inside image
    doesn't move with it?

    Judy posted a good tip for the second case. If it's the first case then
    there is no easy help. You just have to use your eye though you can turn
    on snap to point or use guides to help line up objects.

    -Wes
    Wes Guest