Professional Web Applications Themes

Finally Got FlashPlayer to Work! - Macromedia Flash Player

Okay so I've been getting the messages on myspace and whatever sayin gI didn't have java script enabled or didn't have the right flash player. I've been trying for literally a week to get it working but never could. Finally I downloaded Firefox and tried it from there, worked perfectly! Not a problem at all. So go to www.firefox.com Then go to download flash player, just make sure when it prompts you, that you close all your firefox stuff to finish the download. I hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me! :)...

  1. #1

    Default Finally Got FlashPlayer to Work!

    Okay so I've been getting the messages on myspace and whatever sayin gI didn't
    have java script enabled or didn't have the right flash player. I've been
    trying for literally a week to get it working but never could. Finally I
    downloaded Firefox and tried it from there, worked perfectly! Not a problem at
    all.

    So go to www.firefox.com

    Then go to download flash player, just make sure when it prompts you, that you
    close all your firefox stuff to finish the download.

    I hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me! :)

    Aperz4583 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Finally Got FlashPlayer to Work!

    Well here's why that worked...

    Flash Player for IE Windows is an ActiveX control.
    Flash Player for all other browsers/platforms is a plugin.

    They do the same thing, but inside they do it differently. ActiveX is much
    more closely tied to the OS than browser plugins are, and more prone to
    problems with Windows permissions.

    So ultimately you didn't solve the problem. You worked around it. Which is
    fine, switching to FireFox is certainly your choice. :)

    BWolfe Guest

  3. #3

    I'm completely computer illiterate so I have no idea what a platform or plugin is! But yeah at least it works now, I like firefox better anyways I think! Thanks for replying! :)
    Aperz4583 Guest

  4. #4

    Hi. My computer was working perfectly, then all of a sudden, no videos will
    play on my computer because they need flash player, however, whenever I
    download flash player I see no content nor do I see it on my dock. I have a
    macintosh, so I don't know why it's not working...
    also, whenever I download it, it will take me to the adobe site and say
    "installed" but then I would go to nbc.com and see if I could watch a show or
    something and it says the same thing "must have adobe flash player 9 or
    greater" so I am confused. I just want to know what plug-in is required to make
    this thing work!

    Grace Guest

  5. #5

    I am having the same problem, along with all of my colleagues. I am working on
    a Mac, and the video has been working for the last several months through last
    Friday. Why? Oh yeah, and Firefox doesn't fix it for us. GO BACK to iTunes,
    pleaseeee!!!!

    Typeaholic Guest