Products --> BioGraph for Windows [quote] > > Is there any field for editing text on the window? Is this a commercial > app or a custom app? > > Gretchen Macdowall > [url]http://www.updatestage.com/[/url][/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => W. Locke Morgan [ip] => twrch2000@faith [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Finding a Key trigger in another program - Macromedia Director Lingo

Finding a Key trigger in another program - Macromedia Director Lingo

Dear List, I have a program that I am trying to control from a projector. This program responds to the pressing of the "return" key, by presenting a dialog box. I have used masterApp and BuddyAPI, in my attempts to activate this trigger from the projector, to no avail. I can select the program, make its window active (even highlighted), but when I send a character code (13,28 or {ENTER} for BuddyAPI), nothing happens. Furthermore, when, in the moment the program is highlighted, I manually press "return," viola!, it works. This is not a mainline program that has any great ...

  1. #1

    Default Finding a Key trigger in another program

    Dear List,

    I have a program that I am trying to control from a projector. This
    program responds to the pressing of the "return" key, by presenting a dialog
    box. I have used masterApp and BuddyAPI, in my attempts to activate this
    trigger from the projector, to no avail.

    I can select the program, make its window active (even highlighted), but
    when I send a character code (13,28 or {ENTER} for BuddyAPI), nothing
    happens. Furthermore, when, in the moment the program is highlighted, I
    manually press "return," viola!, it works.

    This is not a mainline program that has any great measure of
    sophistication. The programmers are a small group in the Netherlands.
    Barring a breakthrough in the next couple of days, I will have to call them.

    Any idea what I should be looking for?

    Regards,
    W. Locke Morgan

    P.S. Thanks for all the other help that I have gotten on this problem, at
    earlier stages.

    W. Locke Morgan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Finding a Key trigger in another program

    Hey Gretchen,

    Yeah, I'm using toolkit and can visually see that the window is in the
    front, active and highlighted, but it does not recieve the character code.
    Although a manual keypress works.

    Animate in Background = check

    Regards,
    W. Locke Morgan

  3. #3

    In article <bksu18$gm3$1forums.macromedia.com>, "W. Locke Morgan"
    <twrch2000faithfamily.net> wrote:
    > By the way, I have used toolkit to send the character code to every window
    > associated with the task. Nothing happens.

    Is there any field for editing text on the window? Is this a commercial
    app or a custom app?

    Gretchen Macdowall
    [url]http://www.updatestage.com/[/url]
    Gretchen Macdowall Guest

  4. #4

    No. None of the windows are of the "edit" class.

    [url]http://www.mindmedia.nl/eng/index.htm[/url]

    The above link is to the software developer's page. Seems to be commercial
    but for a small niche market.
    Choose --> Products --> BioGraph for Windows

  5. #5

    Have you tried sending it ^j (ASCII 10) or ^m (ASCII 13)? Is baSendKeys
    returning an error code?

    Andrew Morton

    Andrew Morton Guest

  6. #6

    In article <bkt9lq$5dv$1forums.macromedia.com>, "W. Locke Morgan"
    <twrch2000faithfamily.net> wrote:
    > [url]http://www.mindmedia.nl/eng/index.htm[/url]

    Rats. No demo version.

    A couple of other suggestions:

    - Try mappSetKeyboardInputWindow after mappWindowToFront
    - Try sending a WM_KEYDOWN message using mappSendMessage
    - Try mappFakeCharCodeWait if you were using mappFakeCharCode before

    Unfortunately there is no fooproof recipe for all apps because the
    developer can decide how to respond to mouse and key events.

  7. #7

    I tried mappSetKeyboardInputWindow() but it kept returning 0. Even though I
    checked and rechecked the window ID.

    I would like to use mappSendMessage but cannot find an extensive enough
    index of message parameters. I need one for the ENTER command. I have
    gotten as far as mappSendMessage(256,13,?). I do not know what to put in
    the lparam spot.

    I was using mappFakeCharCodeWait but that does not seem to do it.

    A new development is that when I use mappWindowToFront() and then put
    baSendKeys("{ENTER}"), everthing runs smoothly but the key keeps being sent
    to Director. For instance, the focus flips to the other application, then
    returns to Director and then the script editor window comes up just as if I
    had pressed the ENTER key in Director.

    Now, if only I could get that to happen in the other program.

    Regards,
    W. Locke Morgan

  8. #8

    Any idea what the WM_SETFOCUS message number and parameters would be?

    Locke

  9. #9

    oops, that should be

    mappSendMessage(windowID,256,13,?)

    Locke

    W. Locke Morgan Guest

  10. #10

    > baSendKeys does not return error code.

    Oh yes it does! In the docs for buddyAPI version 3.6 (PC):-

    0 success.
    1 invalid character in string
    2 window unavailable
    3 unknown error
    4 another SendKeys function is still under way

    Andrew
    Andrew Morton Guest

  11. #11

    In article <bl7thg$3c2$1forums.macromedia.com>, "W. Locke Morgan"
    <twrch2000faithfamily.net> wrote:
    > I tried mappSetKeyboardInputWindow() but it kept returning 0. Even though I
    > checked and rechecked the window ID.
    >
    > I would like to use mappSendMessage but cannot find an extensive enough
    > index of message parameters. I need one for the ENTER command. I have
    > gotten as far as mappSendMessage(256,13,?). I do not know what to put in
    > the lparam spot.

    Enter
    mappSendMessage(windowID, 256, 13, 2149318657 )
    tran scan 28 reps
    1 0 0 0000 0 00011100 0000000000000001

    > A new development is that when I use mappWindowToFront() and then put
    > baSendKeys("{ENTER}"), everthing runs smoothly but the key keeps being sent
    > to Director.
    Maybe the window has not had enough time to come to the front. You would
    need to loop in a frame script waiting for the window id to come to the
    top before trying to send the key.
    > Any idea what the WM_SETFOCUS message number and parameters would be?
    WM_SETFOCUS
    mappSendMessage(windowID, 7, 0, 0 )

    I know you are keen to get this working, but you should know that it is
    possible for an app developer to put in a screening function that repels
    fake input. Does the app accept any fake keyboard input, say to editable
    fields on screens or dialogs? If you are not able to do something like
    type an 'a' into an editable field, then you won't get too far with this
    because it is likely that fake input is getting ignored.

  12. #12

    Sorry, I ment that it is only returning 0.

    Locke

    "Andrew Morton" <akmin-press.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > > baSendKeys does not return error code.
    >
    > Oh yes it does! In the docs for buddyAPI version 3.6 (PC):-
    >
    > 0 success.
    > 1 invalid character in string
    > 2 window unavailable
    > 3 unknown error
    > 4 another SendKeys function is still under way
    >
    > Andrew

    W. Locke Morgan Guest

  13. #13

    Eureka! Slightly more time, a few mappFeedGenericTimeSlices() and running
    the script in a projector did it. Thanks for everything. You guys are the
    best. (Gretchen and Andrew)

    Thanks again,
    Locke