Professional Web Applications Themes

Finding uses for my digital - Photography

My significant other is looking for a new car. So you know who gets schlepped along. And you know what gets taken with. Otherwise over the past five days the jumble of cars, models, prices and options would have been confusing. But with the digital, not so. First a pic of the Invoice sticker with the standard and optional features, the extra fees, gas mileage, MSRP and total price. Then a pic of the inside and then outside. All is organized. So far no one has complained or threatened to throw me off the lot. Marc...

  1. #1

    Default Finding uses for my digital

    My significant other is looking for a new car. So you know who gets
    schlepped along. And you know what gets taken with. Otherwise over the past
    five days the jumble of cars, models, prices and options would have been
    confusing. But with the digital, not so. First a pic of the Invoice sticker
    with the standard and optional features, the extra fees, gas mileage, MSRP
    and total price. Then a pic of the inside and then outside. All is
    organized.
    So far no one has complained or threatened to throw me off the lot.
    Marc

    Marc Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Finding uses for my digital

    Marc wrote:

    Good for you.. That's EXACTLY what I did when I helped my son shop for his
    first car.

    It's a great use for a digi :-)

    Jim Guest

  3. #3

    Along the same lines, I take my digital to builder's open houses to take
    pictures of decor (flooring materials, kitches, etc). My wife and I use
    the pictures to help us develop ideas for our own interior decorating.
    I always ask permission and no one has ever refused it.

    Torontonian Guest

  4. #4

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:03:40 -0400, Torontonian <ca> wrote:
     [/ref]

    A year or so ago my wife, who is handicapped, sent me to a furniture
    store to look for a small mahogany table. I took my little Canon S100
    ...... I have an S400 now.... with me. A salesman engaged me and showed
    me what he had. I asked him if it'd be all right if I took photographs of
    what he had. He refused. I politely explained how the photos were to
    be used. He still refused so I asked to speak with the store manager.
    The store manager immediately granted permission for me to take the
    photos. I took the photos, took them home, my wife picked out the one
    she wanted and I went back and bought it.

    Interesting thread!

    Jack Mac

    Jack Guest

  5. #5

    Jack Mac <net> wrote:

    I would have demanded another salesman. To prove a point and so that the
    uncooperative one wouldn't have gotten any commission.

     [/ref][/ref]

    If they want your money, they'd =better= allow the pictures.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

  6. #6

    Jack Mac wrote:
     [/ref]

    > A year or so ago my wife, who is handicapped, sent me to a furniture
    > store to look for a small mahogany table. I took my little Canon S100
    > ..... I have an S400 now.... with me. A salesman engaged me and showed
    > me what he had. I asked him if it'd be all right if I took photographs of
    > what he had. He refused.[/ref]

    You should not have asked for permission, and instead just started taking
    photos. If he complained, then you could have said that if he is going to be
    uncooperative, you could do business elsewhere.

    JK Guest

  7. #7

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:06:37 -0400, Charlie D <net> wrote:

    >I would have demanded another salesman. To prove a point and so that the
    >uncooperative one wouldn't have gotten any commission.
    >
    > [/ref]
    >

    >If they want your money, they'd =better= allow the pictures.[/ref]

    Well, Charlie, as the manager explained to me, I could have been from
    one of their many competitors comparing prices....each table had its
    price prominently displayed.
    Also, when I went back, another salesman sold the table to me.

    Jack Mac

    Jack Guest

  8. #8

    Jack Mac <net> wrote:

    I can see the point.
    I'm glad the manager believed you.

    Good.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

  9. #9

    I have a vintage racing car. There is absolutely no manual or
    doentation (only a series of six were made).

    When I have to take apart an assembly, rather than hand draw the
    assembly, I photograph it with my digicam, then print out a picture
    before I begin reassembly. I can have the print in a couple of minutes
    of I need it that soon. I can annotate the picture too, with experience
    I learn in disassembly and reassembly.

    Marc wrote:

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota
    net

  10. #10

    A digital is handy if you have almost ANY kind of hobby that you discuss
    on the web. I was into electric powered RC planes and many of us had
    sites describing with photos the full building of planes with
    modifications.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

  11. #11

    I am one of those people that tries to fix all those little things that
    break that are not meant to be fixed.
    A case in point: A small clock style motor that was made up of a motor
    that ran at a pretty high speed, but was assembled with a gear set that
    reduced the speed to less than one rotation per minute. When I got the case
    open, I realized that there were 5 different gears that did the speed
    reduction. What are the odds of getting them all back in the right places?
    Well a macro shot with my Olympus 3040Z and a nice big color print on 8.5x11
    inch paper and there was no problem with reassembly.

    I have also had problems with some plants we are growing as strange things
    were happening to some of them. I posted the pix to my web site and posted a
    note with the link in the appropriate NG and the answers were there in short
    order.

    I love being able to do those things.

    Charlie

    "Marc" <net> wrote in message
    past
    sticker

    Charlie Guest

  12. #12

    Don Stauffer <net> wrote:

    what kind of car is it?
    The Guest

  13. #13

    "Marc" <net> WROTE:

    Now all you need is a picture of the "deal" you are going to get from the
    salesman. And an action shot of the sales manager having a heart attack when he
    is presented with the "deal":)
    Jeff
    Jeff Guest

  14. #14

    "Marc" <net> wrote in message
    past
    sticker
    My wife and I were in a museum's gift shop today. She saw a mobile that she
    thinks would be perfect in my daughter's house. No catalog on hand, so I
    took a shot with my digicam and e-mailed it to my daughter.

    Marvin Guest

  15. #15

    My son was fixing a shower enclosure. His digicam was great to stick
    thru' a hole in the wall, point up and get a shot of the plumbing
    layout above the enclosure.
    Dave Cohen

    > past
    > sticker [/ref]
    David Guest

  17. #17

    All great ideas for digital cameras!

    I use mine to photograph store or facility operating hours. When I forget the
    hours of a place I go back and search through and find them.

    I also use mine to photograph automotive 'issues' for my mechanic. I email the
    image to him, with a statemnt of the problem, with circles and arrows showing
    where the scorched wires are, for example. Speeds up the repair process.

    The digital camera is also handy for photographing the back of your computer or
    your stereo or TV setup. Shoot that rats-nest before you move and it will help
    you to reassemble the wires/plugs into the right places. If it's the computer
    you photographed, make a hardcopy before you dissemble the thing, and put them
    in the box with the computer/assessories to aid you at assembly time.

    Digital photography is breathing new life into photography!

    Dan
    EDGY01 Guest

  18. #18

    "EDGY01" <com> wrote in message
    the

    I use my Sony S85 as a battery charger for my F707 batteries.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David Guest