Professional Web Applications Themes

firefox blocking my youtube videos after 2 sec - Macromedia Flash Player

tried to make a new profile tried to desinstall all flash pluggins (but look like the flash desinstallation doesnt work fine or maybe i don't know how to do : used this desintall file http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/fr-FR/faqs/flash.html#win-uninstall / used the windows desinstaller) Tried the last flash player version, tried others versions It always blocks, i cant find what is the problem :( (With IE it works fine)...

  1. #1

    Default firefox blocking my youtube videos after 2 sec

    tried to make a new profile
    tried to desinstall all flash pluggins (but look like the flash
    desinstallation doesnt work fine or maybe i don't know how to do : used this
    desintall file http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/fr-FR/faqs/flash.html#win-uninstall
    / used the windows desinstaller)
    Tried the last flash player version, tried others versions

    It always blocks, i cant find what is the problem :(
    (With IE it works fine)

    jeantendleloup Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: firefox blocking my youtube videos after 2 sec

    does it have something called adblock? at school some of the comps had that and in firefox it would not allow some plugins
    tekster17 Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for the answer
    no i dont have adblock
    i tried with removing all FF pluggins, but it doesnt change anything :(

    jeantendleloup Guest

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: jeantendleloup
    tried to make a new profile
    tried to desinstall all flash pluggins (but look like the flash
    desinstallation doesnt work fine or maybe i don't know how to do : used this
    desintall file http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/fr-FR/faqs/flash.html#win-uninstall
    / used the windows desinstaller)
    Tried the last flash player version, tried others versions

    It always blocks, i cant find what is the problem :(
    (With IE it works fine)[/q]

    Please be sure that you use the Flash Player uninstaller from Adobe:

    Download the uninstaller for Flash Player from "How to uninstall the Adobe
    Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control"

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

    Darren Guest

  5. #5

    I've used the Adobe uninstaller and re-installed the Flash Player, and while it
    worked fine for a while, after a restart I've got the same problem again.
    Videos play for 1 or 2 seconds, then stop completely.

    And I'm not using AdBlock alongside Firefox either.

    4Checker Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: 4Checker
    I've used the Adobe uninstaller and re-installed the Flash Player, and while
    it worked fine for a while, after a restart I've got the same problem again.
    Videos play for 1 or 2 seconds, then stop completely.

    And I'm not using AdBlock alongside Firefox either.[/q]

    Hi 4Checker,

    Those instructions are intended for jeantendleoup who had questions about
    using the Adobe uninstaller.

    Can you please open a support case with Adobe? Be sure to include a detailed
    description of the issue encountered.

    Also include a URL to reproduce the issue.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  7. #7

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest

  8. #8

    thanks for the answer and the link Darren

    but it doesnt change anything
    Yesterday it didnt works, but today it works

    I have the same problem on 2 computer (one on vista and the other one on XP)
    you can find many post on the net about this problem
    Flash videos blockink after some seconds on FF
    But nowhere i can find any solution... :(
    I m surprise Macromedias people doesnt know this problem ?

    Flash player is a free solution, is it a custumer contact for it ?

    jeantendleloup Guest

  9. #9

    Hi jeantendleloup,

    I am unable to reproduce this behavior with Firefox and Flash Player
    9.0.124.0. It sounds like there may be some 3rd party application or a setting
    that is blocking the video playback. Would it be possible to set a time to
    Connect to your machine to investigate.

    You can open a case with Adobe support and respond with the case number:

  10. #10

    Here is a related post and it was a virus/spy Ad blocker that was causing the
    issue:

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1358689&enterthread=y

    This question was answered by arsuron, on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:14 PM

    "Answer
    Finally got it!!!
    so here for those of you who have virus/spy blocker, disable your Ad blocker!
    I use Spy Sweeper and I went into "Network" and disable "Common Ad Sites"
    under Network Shields.

    These 3rd party software will not allow your browsers to display certain ads
    on your browsers no matter how you configure it.

    Hope this help some of you."

    Jeantendleloup, I know you stated that you don't have Ad Blocker on your
    system, but it sounds like some 3rd party application is blocking the video
    playback.

    Darren Guest